The Official Movie Thread

Just saw Ratcatcher today, and it was amazing. I would have to say it raped Tideland pretty hard in terms of it's ability to make you feel a child like innocent towards dark subject matter.

I watched Audition yesterday, by the same guy who made Ichi the Killer.

Holy shit, that was the first horror movie I've ever seen that actually freaked me out.

seedsofvengeance your movie taste is not even a fail boat, not even a fail fleet, but a fail grand armada. Seriously, how is it possible to dislike both There Will Be Blood and A Clockwork Orange

Have to agree here. He's a fail-star general in the fail army.

Takashi Miike is amazing and there should be more discussion about him.

Hell yes. Well, I've only seen Ichi the Killer, Audition and that Masters of Horror episode, which was kinda mediocre due to the terrible acting, but I can tell that I really... really, like this director.

I started with those as well. There are still a few I haven't seen but no other director makes me laugh while saying wtf at the same time as much as him.

In fact, if I am about to watch one and my wife plops down to watch as well, I tell her it's a Miike film and I'm not responsible for the contents herein.

I started with those as well. There are still a few I haven't seen but no other director makes me laugh while saying wtf at the same time as much as him.

In fact, if I am about to watch one and my wife plops down to watch as well, I tell her it's a Miike film and I'm not responsible for the contents herein.

Yeah, so... Any recommendations?

Just saw 20 million miles from earth. Really kickass special effects for the time period. Some of the best stop motion I've ever seen.