The Official Movie Thread

I'm going to watch A Clockwork Orange soon. When I find time...
This is tied with Full Metal Jacket for my favorite movie.

I watched two movies tonight. The first was Reservoir Dogs. I've heard really good things about this movie but once again I was disappointed by a Tarantino. Like all his other movies this was just a tedious movie with good dialog. It's like Tarantino spends all his time writing witty dialog and making the movie seem cool, and totally forgets to write a compelling story. I can't like a movie purely on it's quotability.

I also watched I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. I expected it to be shitty, but I wanted something I didn't have to think about. It was actually a lot better than I thought. Even got some laughs out of me. It was also a lot more positive towards gays than I was expecting which is an added bonus.

I've watched 300 too much, so that now when I'm reading Herodotus about Xerxes, I keep imagining him as this 9-foot bald guy wearing nothing but gold rings. The fact is he looked nothing like that.

it was probably me hehe

miike is great, but can be horrible (audition for example). very hit and miss. but if you like his fucked up side, you gotta see visitor q. fuckin straaaaaaaaaaaange movie.
~gR~

Actually, a quick search would reveal that I first heard of Ichi the Killer, the first Takashi Miike movie I saw, from a guy called Rob "Klister".

Was recommended the following movies by another Miike aficionado;

Fudoh
Visitor Q
Audition
The Happiness of the Katakuris
Dead or Alive
Dead or Alive 2
City of Lost Souls
Ichi The Killer

I have yet to see Fudoh and City of Lost Souls, but the rest was all good.

Also, Audition is awesome.

I watched two movies tonight. The first was Reservoir Dogs. I've heard really good things about this movie but once again I was disappointed by a Tarantino. Like all his other movies this was just a tedious movie with good dialog. It's like Tarantino spends all his time writing witty dialog and making the movie seem cool, and totally forgets to write a compelling story. I can't like a movie purely on it's quotability.

Wah? The story to Reservoir Dogs was awesome. And his dialogue is amazing. But at the same time you think Kubrick is amazing so I dont even know if I should debate quality movies with someone :loco:

I have yet to see Fudoh and City of Lost Souls, but the rest was all good.

Also, Audition is awesome.

audition was too slow. i think i saw fudoh, but it obviously didnt leave a lasting impression. you should watch the great yokai war. he did a great job with that one. but its obviously not his usual style hehe.

when it comes to japanese movies, i really prefer kitamura
~gR~

Just watched Strange Wilderness with the fat guy from Superbad, the blonde guy from Saving Silverman and its pretty hilarious. Far fetched and ridiculous but hilarious.

Resevoir Dogs is actually my favorite Tarantino flick. The dialogue in that movie is fantastic. Steve Buscemi was hilarious. "That's easy for you to say, you have a cool sounding name. Mr. Pink sounds like Mr. Pussy."

A Clockwork orange is up there with my all time favorite movies tbh.

also, I was stoked on The Hulk Merely because Edward Norton is in it. I dont like super hero movies. but Norton is my favorite actor so ill have to see it.

A Clockwork Orange is awesome if you're not paying attention to what's going on.
One moment he's in the hospital the next a bunch of victorians are clapping some naked ladies fighting each in a hole in the ice.