The Official Movie Thread

If anyone is looking for a dark, weird, slow, atmospheric film that explodes into chaos at the very end, I recommend The Cars That Ate Paris, also known as.

cars.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh come on people. So the ending wasn't formulaic and didn't wrap things up in a nice bow. It fit the movie very well. I would've been disappointed had it turned out differently.

Speaking of formulaic, I saw the new Hulk movie tonight. It was decent. They hired good actors and wrote an okay script and everything really was just alright. For a superhero movie that's all I want. The highlight for me though was seeing all the scenes filmed at the University of Toronto. One scene was set about two minutes from my dorm.

I think The Happening is M. Night Shyamalan's best movie since Signs. Although thats not saying a whole lot...The "Rated R" parts seemed a bit unnecessary.

Anyways, I just finished watching The Elephant Man. Great movie. I'm just dissapointed that the concept was so generic.

I think The Happening is M. Night Shyamalan's best movie since Signs. Although thats not saying a whole lot...The "Rated R" parts seemed a bit unnecessary.

Anyways, I just finished watching The Elephant Man. Great movie. I'm just dissapointed that the concept was so generic.

how is the concept generic?

It just seemed like the messages the film was sending was. The "its not what you look like on the outside, but what you look on the inside is all that matters". And the man that may look like a freak and a mosnter, but is actually a very intelligent, kind, and loving person.

None of this really detracts from the quality of the movie though.

It just seemed like the messages the film was sending was. The "its not what you look like on the outside, but what you look on the inside is all that matters". And the man that may look like a freak and a mosnter, but is actually a very intelligent, kind, and loving person.

None of this really detracts from the quality of the movie though.

i see

The Happening was cool. There were some scary parts, like when the old lady came out of nowhere and yelled "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE".

I laughed a lot too. The fake tree scene and the part when the workers were jumping off the building was hilarious

currently watching ichi the killer. i love this movie. my favorite of the japanese shock films
~gR~

I was very recently recommended that movie; by someone in this thread I believe. And now it's probably my favourite movie of it's kind, and Takashi Miike has become one of my favourite directors.

it was probably me hehe

miike is great, but can be horrible (audition for example). very hit and miss. but if you like his fucked up side, you gotta see visitor q. fuckin straaaaaaaaaaaange movie.
~gR~