The Official Movie Thread

I don't like any Tarantino, and don't understand Clockwork Orange.

Edward Norton in a super hero flick? Sounds pretty awful. A great actor though, definitely.

I hated Clockwork on first watch, but id gladly watch it again to maybe be more open or just re-learn all the things i hated about that movie. ALl I remember is;

pack of guys rape and own some husband/wife
main guy has sex with a few girls(who I guess in the book are like 14)
main guy gets owned by the guy he rapes

People thinking Kubrick is amazing because he applied a karma logic to a story

Thats about it

Can I be Mr. Yellow atleast?

I hated Clockwork on first watch, but id gladly watch it again to maybe be more open or just re-learn all the things i hated about that movie. ALl I remember is;

Thats about it
Totally missing the point

I'm sure one of our resident film students can explain it better than I can, but I notice a lot about criminal rights (like is it okay for them to program him) not to mention how Kubrick contrasted the brutality and violence of this world with cheery things, like the music singing in the rain (has to be one of my favorite scenes in any movie ever).

Those sound like incredibly shitty ways to promote that movie as an amazing film, but hopefully i can watch it again soon. Kinda weird how its never, ever, on tv

Norton is my favorite actor also. Every movie he's in he fucking brings an incredible presence to the screen. He owns every character he portrays.

The guy on the Nevermore forum basically unaminously agree hes a stiff actor :erk:

@ThisIsACoolName:

?? Im not talking about basic, I have all the starz and shit but if still ur response after that then, ??

@ThisIsACoolName:

?? Im not talking about basic, I have all the starz and shit but if still ur response after that then, ??

It's an odd observation to make. I'm wondering if you're just saying it for the sake of saying it or if you have some sort of point.

(Also you type sort of like a drunk four year old.)

A Clockwork Orange has to do with the ability for man to distinguish right from wrong and to have freewill and choose right or wrong. If he is void of the choice, he ceases to be human

(it's basically what the priest said after Alex had been "reformed")

kubrick's film is a whooooole lot more ambiguous (and better) than the book it's based on, methinks. i don't understand kubrick at all and never will, i love some of his films and dislike others, he always fascinates me though

i just watched "lady in the water", hahahahaha m night shyamalan is a massive cock

A great actor though, definitely.

last time i saw him was in the illusionist so i'm having trouble agreeing with that. he's generally cool in his more famous roles though

btw i like aspects of tarantino, some of his homage is class, but he's a smug dick and his dialogue pisses me off as often as it amuses

I've watched 300 too much, so that now when I'm reading Herodotus about Xerxes, I keep imagining him as this 9-foot bald guy wearing nothing but gold rings. The fact is he looked nothing like that.

I actually saw the original The 300 Spartans recently. It was pretty good for an old movie. Took forever to get to the fighting, but the fights were enjoyable. More historically accurate than the Frank Miller interpretation, and it even had a few of the cool lines that made the new one popular like "Our Arrows Will Blot Out The Sun" "Then We Will Fight In The Shade"

Thats about it

Can I be Mr. Yellow atleast?

People also like Kubrick for his Cinematography's ability to make you cum instantly.