The Official Movie Thread

I'm waiting to see Dark Knight, mainly to see Heath Ledger as the Joker.

I'm not looking forward to much else yet except for Underworld 3 since it's going to be a prequel, I'm hoping they'll do something good with it.

There's too many remakes happening though, it will be interesting to see how badly they ruin Hellraiser.

Dark knight should be awesome, it's also got the guy from Thank You For Smoking as Harvey Dent/Two-Face.

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans will, hopefully, slay. Despite not having Kate Beckinsale.

Didn't know there was a remake of Hellraiser coming out. Hopefully it will at least be better than Rob Zombie's version of Halloween. That guy should have to change his name back to Robert Bartleh Cummings for what he did to John Carpenters movie/story.

I am absolutely amazed Hellboy even has a sequel. The first movie sucked hard and this new one...doesn't look half bad.

I thought exactly the same thing when I read about it a while ago. Apparently that cool Abe Sapien character will be in it more. And Pan's Labyrinth was a kick-ass movie.

It features a giant red, smart mouthed beast from Hell with a stone arm and sawed off horns working with some other random beasts to solve paranormal crimes for the government.

Just reviewing that kills brain cells.

So, did anyone else think The Happening totally sucked? I mean, I keep going to Shyamallanananassss's films because the trailers always make them look so cool. But I'm giving up on him. Fucking shit film, M. Night. Shit. Horrible acting, horrible dialogue, not even much of a story... had potential, but somehow he managed to fuck it up along the way. If he really wants to put a twist on things he should make a movie where they give all the audience members their money back at the end.

I had high hopes until now...

I just saw Zodiac the other night with some friends. It was really well done, and pretty fascinating. For some reason, I really like watching movies about sociopaths.

I actually liked that movie, although the twist did dissapoint me a lot.

I actually liked The Village too, although not after first viewing it. After I saw it in the theater I hated it. Then, because I was bored, I watched it again on HBO one day. And I realized, suddenly, that it wasn't as bad as I remember. I think people felt inclined to dislike it because it really fucks with the idea of genre. You go in expecting a sci-fi/horror flick, but what you actually get is a drama, with thriller elements. I think a lot of people felt betrayed by that.

I just saw Zodiac the other night with some friends. It was really well done, and pretty fascinating. For some reason, I really like watching movies about sociopaths.

David Fincher is an amazing director. Truly one of the best around today. Zodiac was a great film. Have you seen Se7en? That was his magnum opus, in my opinion.

shyamalan is absolutely terrible lol, his last three films have been totally irredeemable pieces of shit (especially 'lady in the water')

Lady in the Water was horrible. If I had to choose, I would actually pick The Happening just because it had some violence. Lady in the Water was just a fucking terrible movie.

saw wall-e a couple days ago. basically, its a disney sci-fi movie. a ton of social criticism. but it was pretty cute too. i liked it
~gR~