The Official Movie Thread

a few others that kinda came out of nowhere and surprised me-that they were very good.
-Gothica
-Seleton key
-The Usual Suspects
-King Arhtur (w/Clive Owen) one of my fav historic epic films.

Has anyone seen Little Miss Sunshine? Before you laugh at me or the title, keep in mind this is worth checking out...don't be fooled by the title.

Yes, the movie is based around a young goofy, yet sweet girl and her dysfunctional family entering and trying to get her to a pageant.

I found this movie to be very powerful, dramatic, serious, and very funny throughout. It is focused mainly on the serious dysfunctional family and its characters. To me the little girl and the pageant is secondary. The scene with Alan Arkin, playing the obnoxious grizzled grandpa, talking with his grandson about girls and sex, has to be one of the alltime great and funny scenes ever.

This movie has one of the great ending moments you'll ever see. Highlited by the performances of Alan Arkin (grandpa), Steve Carrell (loony uncle), and Greg Kinear (compulsive dad).

Good movie.

I'd sex halle berry in a heart beat and do not even like black females. DO ME HALLE!

Just saw Izo, a Takashi Miike movie. Would've been great if not for the repetitive fight scenes. Interesting concept, something about a dead samurai who travels through time and space to kill everything. Well, that's my interpretation of the storyline at least.

It was alright. I saw this cool movie with Halle where she has a rich asshole husband who abuses here and he has to stay in a cabin or something somehwere for business and she meets this deranged guy in a bar and they discuss having him killed and collecting his money. She ends of backing out and he kills him anyways and than everything gets out of control. pretty cool!

something along those lines.

So, Spike has been showing the Star Wars series the past few evenings and I was wondering which of the six movies people think is the best?

Enough already..rid of the Star Wars and back to UFC fighting and real guy movies.
I'm not a big Star Wars guy, and I think most of these films are overrated shlubhub. If I had to pick..."The Empire Strikes Back" is clearly the best!

It was alright. I saw this cool movie with Halle where she has a rich asshole husband who abuses here and he has to stay in a cabin or something somehwere for business and she meets this deranged guy in a bar and they discuss having him killed and collecting his money. She ends of backing out and he kills him anyways and than everything gets out of control. pretty cool!

something along those lines.

I'm intrigued...what is this?

what's so shit about it? Irish family of outlaws in the Australian outback...plenty of the ol' ultraviolence...(a crazy) John Hurt

it's just a load of muddled pretentious shit, always taking itself seriously whilst being far too stylised ever to feel sincere. characters aren't developed or interesting, acting is uneven, script sucks. score is unusual, but again, the mood it helps create isn't so much dreamlike as jarringly awkward. i was knackered when i watched it but still, i don't think that affected me too much. i have the dvd, might watch it again if somebody inspires me to, but eh.

edit: oh btw, i liked the cinematography quite a bit, not complaining about that. that did bode well for the road.

on a side note, Ridley Scott is also supposed to be doing Blood Meridian. It better have a goddamn NC-17 rating.

'supposed to' yeah, nobody knows anything about it though, he's just mentioned it once or twice. i'm not sure i trust ridley scott with an adaptation of that magnitude...

WeAreInFlames said:
Can you stop being such a dick?

suck my balls

So, Spike has been showing the Star Wars series the past few evenings and I was wondering which of the six movies people think is the best?

The Empire Strikes Back for me :)

Didn't like any of Episodes 1 - 3.

Hayden Christensen drove me insane. Cannot stand his poor acting skills!

Episode 1 was a complete crock when I first seen it. Darth Maul looked all badass with his makeup... and he was so easy to kill.

Fail.

The Empire Strikes Back for me :)

Didn't like any of Episodes 1 - 3.

Hayden Christensen drove me insane. Cannot stand his poor acting skills!

Episode 1 was a complete crock when I first seen it. Darth Maul looked all badass with his makeup... and he was so easy to kill.

Fail.

It was a combination of that, Jar Jar Binks, shitty story, horrible diologue, and a queer looking Yoda that ruined it for me.