The Official Movie Thread

Thanks for all of the suggestions, guys. I have today off so maybe I'll go rent one of these films... I'll let you know which one I end up watching. :)

Has anyone here seen Caché (a French film directed by Michael Haneke)? I'd be curious to know what anyone's thoughts were on that, if you've seen it.

Has anyone here seen Caché (a French film directed by Michael Haneke)? I'd be curious to know what anyone's thoughts were on that, if you've seen it.

Haven't seen it but I loved Michael Haneke's movie Funny Games. Although the majority of people seemed to hate that film.

I would highly recommend seeing all the HANNIBAL movies as well as all the SAW movies...brilliant and intense movies that at thier worst are good, with most being great.

Eh, I always thought Saw was stupid and uncreative. IMO a good horror movie is unpredictable and fucked up.

Disagree...SAW movies are completely unpredictable and very fucked up, and I would classify them as more thrillers not horror, maybe thats splitting hairs?

Saw is just unimaginative. "oh no, we're locked in a house and now we have to do painful shit to ourselves."

Saw is sort of like a horror story I wrote in second grade for my English class. People get trapped in a tunnel and have to experience their own worst nightmares to be let out.

I prefer supernatural or strange. Not just "oh no, we're locked in a house and now we have to do painful shit to ourselves."

I find supernatural to be far more realistic :oops:

I would highly recommend seeing all the HANNIBAL movies as well as all the SAW movies...brilliant and intense movies that at thier worst are good, with most being great.

Only good Saw is the first one. I dont see why anyone would want to watch anything other than Silence and Red Dragon. Hannibal as a kid was gay and the Julianne Moore one was crap.

Well, I agree on the first SAW, SILENCE and RED DRAGON as being the best / better films...differ on the others, I think they are atleast good.

Saw is just unimaginative. "oh no, we're locked in a house and now we have to do painful shit to ourselves."
That doesn't make it unimaginative, thats just you simplifying it to make it sound stupid, and that can be done to any movie.

Clockwork orange is just "Angry teens attacking people, one gets brainwashed and people get revenge, also Oh no!"

I rather enjoyed the first Saw, but the others were crappy (though I haven't seen Saw IV yet). Wasn't anything groundbreaking, but I much preferred it to the legions of shitty remakes Hollywood has been pushing out. And if you're gonna make fun of Saw for being uncreative at least point out the Mad Max angle, at least that would be a somewhat valid point.

That doesn't make it unimaginative, thats just you simplifying it to make it sound stupid, and that can be done to any movie.

I just think there are much better horror stories out there. Maybe not movies, but there are better stories.