The Official Movie Thread

I just think there are much better horror stories out there. Maybe not movies, but there are better stories.

Meh apples and oranges. Stories have a lot more freedom than movies, and it's silly to compare the two. For example Naked Lunch the movie was vastly inferior to the book, but I thought it was still a pretty fucking good movie. Of course making a film version thats true to the book would be impossible.

On another note...kinda funny.

headline reads: "Nicole Kidman gives birth Monday to girl named Sunday." (baby's name is actually Sunday):guh:

WTF! ok, so she named the girl on Sunday...had it Monday, no wait, she'll be naming it next Sunday? :lol:

I Can see the future conversation now.

"Sunday what are you doing?"
"I'm doing nothing this Sunday."

"No Sunday what are you actually doing right now?"
"Oh Mom, I'm doing nothing now, but Sunday can I go to the movies with my friends?"

"No Sunday you can't go."
"Do you mean I can go, just not this Sunday?"

"Sunday you can't go, but maybe you can go on Saturday...?"
"ok Mom, whatever..."
:lol:

Seriously what the fuck is with these stupid Hollywood child names???

Hollywood people are attention whores.

Anyways I saw 3 amazing spaghetti westerns recently, Django, Death Rides a Horse, and Duck you Sucker! All of which were great. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Takeshi Miike remake of Django.

On another note...kinda funny.

headline reads: "Nicole Kidman gives birth Monday to girl named Sunday." (baby's name is actually Sunday):guh:

WTF! ok, so she named the girl on Sunday...had it Monday, no wait, she'll be naming it next Sunday? :lol:

I Can see the future conversation now.

"Sunday what are you doing?"
"I'm doing nothing this Sunday."

"No Sunday what are you actually doing right now?"
"Oh Mom, I'm doing nothing now, but Sunday can I go to the movies with my friends?"

"No Sunday you can't go."
"Do you mean I can go, just not this Sunday?"

"Sunday you can't go, but maybe you can go on Saturday...?"
"ok Mom, whatever..."
:lol:

Seriously what the fuck is with these stupid Hollywood child names???

Oh my fucking god. Thats worse than calling your kid apple!

It's bad enough these kids will get scrutinised at school for having celebrity parents, but they have to have stupid names too... Ugh!

Oh my fucking god. Thats worse than calling your kid apple!

It's bad enough these kids will get scrutinised at school for having celebrity parents, but they have to have stupid names too... Ugh!

Meh, I think most celebrities live in fairly rich communities where everyone's parent owns a company or something. Also I'd bet a lot of them have private tutors. Who knows though.

Seriously?! Awesome! Or, wait, "sukoi!"

sukiyaki_western_djangoposter-200.jpg

Apparently it was filmed in Engrish, and Quentin Tarantino is narrating it or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last movies I watched were Speed and Tommy Boy. Tommy Boy is the funniest shit ever hands down.

I saw Get Smart at the movie theatre a few nights ago. It didn't think it would be really funny as I saw a bit of a preview and it didn't really strike me as something that would be that great. I found it really funny, though.

I really want to see Batman....

Nice...the Deer Hunter is one of my alltime faves. Great cast led by R.Deniro in one of his greatest performances. Many powerful scenes in this movie...my favorite being in the diner after the wake when they start singing "God Bless America"...gives me the chills

I just saw it. It was... Hmm... Fairly cool, but I'm not very good at engrish, so I had trouble following the story.

I'm assuming you're talking about the movie Cube, but I don't get the "three parts" thing. It wasn't divided into parts. Or do you mean you watched about three quarters of the film?

Whatever the case, I thought Cube was an awesome movie.