The Official Movie Thread

To and from Turkey I saw two of the worst films I've ever bothered to watch all the way through. First was National Treasure: Book of Secrets (i can't remember if that's the exact title, but it sounds close enough.) Not worthy of proper commenting, it's just shit. Then on the way back I saw The Golden Compass. The dialogue was just so crap it made me want to jump off the plane. The rest was rubbish too. Gah, I hate plane movies.

It takes place in the Australian Outback and shows the consequences of using it as a prison and neglecting it. Great, gritty western.

Oh, I think there is an Asian movie with the same title about a little girl who makes a promise to a goddess that she would become beautiful and successful but every person she loves will die or something.

There are not enough good Viking movies. Just saw Pathfinder...and that sucked! When I was a kid I remember watching with my Dad, "The Vikings" (1958) starring Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis. It was a great movie for its time, and still may be the best Viking movie ever made.

Something more modern...I heard The 13th Warrior is really good.

I know I'm a page late, but Saw 1 was abysmal. Terrible dialogue, unintentional comedy was off the charts. I saw this in the theater, and people cracked up in any scene with Danny Glover. Plot twists were so implausible that people burst out laughing. A truly bad film.

Well holy shit, The Dark Knight lived up to every bit of hype I heard about it. Truly a great film, hero movie or not.

Bonus to seeing Batman: The trailers.

The Watchmen: Great graphic novel and it looks like it is going to be a rad movie as well.

Terminator-Salvation: A terminator film with Christian Bale. 'nuff said.