The Official Movie Thread

yeah looking back even though I enjoyed hot fuzz, it definitely wouldn't rank up as "best of all time"

I thought it was good overall, but only 4/5 type of good, and there are thousands of 5/5 quality movies out there.

well i just meant my personal favorites.

hot fuzz is the best comedy ive ever seen.

i kinda just tried to put a variety of my favorites up there.

trainspotting is definately possibly the best of all time.
thats basically the only one i meant as best movie of all time.

Was watching a show on History or Discovery channel last-nite...can't remember which one? Anyhow, it was based on Blood Diamonds, the jewel industry, militia armies, attrocities, etc that takes place in some countries in Africa that are mining for jewels. Very disturbing and graphic stuff and it reminded me obviously of the very good movie "Blood Diamond".

Has anyone here seen Re-Cycle? It was one of the more recent Asian movies I've seen and I loved it. Although there were a few bits where I thought they could've done a bit more, I still thought it was very well done. Amazing graphics.

Tsui Ting-Yin (Lee) is a best-selling author. Many of her novels have been made into successful movies. For her upcoming book, she decides to change her genre by writing a supernatural novel titled Re-Cycle. At the same time, her ex-boyfriend, who eight years ago broke up to marry another woman, returns into her life, asking to be united with Tsui Ting-Yin again. To further complicate her life, the novel she is penning introduces her to the supernaturals when one of her characters appear in real life. The author decides to follow the long-haired character into her fictional world where she is met with pure terror.