The Official Movie Thread

Watched Funny Games. Bleh.
Two psychotic young brats invade one family's vacation house, hold them captive there and begin terrorizing them for their own amusement.
There is a decent story here somewhere, but its way of presentation lacked conviction and I didn't care one bit about the characters.

just saw The Man Who Saves The World aka Turkish Star Wars. This movie is freaking awesome if you're a fan of trash. They literally stole clips straight from star wars, and make frequent use of the Indiana Jones theme song. If you're interested in seeing Turks use their kung fu moves to chop space monsters, mummies, skeletons, and robots into pieces, you need to see this movie. You can get a bootleg for pretty cheap from a bunch of different places, or just watch it on google video.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=turkish+star+wars&emb=0&aq=f#

I saw Burn After Reading the other day. It wasn't awful but I didn't really care for it. I think other people might like it more than I did though. It reminded me of the Big Lebowski which I also didn't like.

I saw the trailer for Burn After Reading when I went to see Batman and it looked really fun to me. Then again I love every Coen movie I've seen.

It reminded me of the Big Lebowski which I also didn't like.

:mad:

Yep. School and football fucking suck and are really cutting into my movie-watching time.

But I did find time to watch The Deer Hunter this weekend. Excellent movie. Robert Deniro is an absolute badass in that movie.

I saw the trailer for Burn After Reading when I went to see Batman and it looked really fun to me. Then again I love every Coen movie I've seen.
I've loved every non-comedy Coen movie I've seen. I guess our senses of humor differ.

But I did find time to watch The Deer Hunter this weekend. Excellent movie. Robert Deniro is an absolute badass in that movie.
Great movie.

Indeed.

I watched The New York Ripper recently which was cool and is one of Lucio Fulci's movies about a psychopath who kills women.

Watched Metal: A Headbanger's Journey last night. I'm still baffled as to why the film creator lumped Cradle of Filth in the Norwegian Black Metal category.

Anyway, okay movie. I loved the interview with Gaahl the most. :lol:

I just watched Eagle Eye. The movie was completely ridiculous and took ideas of movies like 2001: A Space Odyssey and The Matrix. It wasn't much of a surprise when I saw that it was directed by David Caruso (or Horatio Kane from CSI: Miami. The fag who always turns his head when he talks).

Great film, I'd also recommend you watch the sequel too. I prefer the first, but the second is just as good. It's more personal, and more character-based with a strong mood/atmosphere.

Yes, I very much intend to watch the second aswell. From what I've heard about it, I may like it more.

I've loved every non-comedy Coen movie I've seen. I guess our senses of humor differ.

Great movie.

there aren't any non-comedy coen movies really, but yeah, their screwball stuff is sometimes annoying. my favourite coen movies after 'no country' are 'barton fink' and 'the man who wasnt there' - watch them if you haven't already.

Speaking of No Country For Old Men, Cormac McCarthy's The Road is being made into a film, and supposedly it's being released this year. I'm almost done with the book. Thoughts on the movie?