The Official Movie Thread

watched The Thing two nights ago. i've seen it several times over the years but man... that is one MF atmospheric and scary ass sci-fi/horror flick. John Carpenter is the man :worship:

The Forbidden Kingdom - Might have been better had I not seen tons of Asian cinema already. I can appreciate the director trying to bring kung-fu and wire-fu into the mainstream but I'm a bit more of a purist.

The Fall - I really liked this. Done by the director of The Cell, this is a feast for the eyes as well as a great story. Awesome opening sequence and easily one of the best acting jobs by a kid I have ever seen.

Watched Mallrats and Matrix Reloaded. I really underestimated the 2nd Matrix. Probably because I felt so unsatisfied seeing "To Be Continued" in theaters. But watching it a second time at home I really enjoyed it. I think the Freeway scene is one of the best action scenes ever.

Just watched Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. It was a decent martial arts film, but overall nothing terribly special. The references to King Hu's films were kind of cool though.

I just started taking advantage of Netflix's instant queue feature, which I can see becoming an addiction of mine. Using it, I just watched Blood For Dracula and Flesh For Frankenstein. Both campy as all hell, utterly hilarious, and the source of infinite quotable lines. Udo Kier and Joe Dallesandro are great in both.