The Official Movie Thread

makes for a perfect double bill with unforgiven methinks.

actually the ones that come closest to EWS for me are a clockwork orange, the killing, the shining.

just watched the whole Godfather trilogy. fuckin epic. Vito Corleone was such a likable, sympathetic character. and Michael was badass in II. i felt bad for him in III.

makes for a perfect double bill with unforgiven methinks.

actually the ones that come closest to EWS for me are a clockwork orange, the killing, the shining.

My problem with both clockwork orange and the shining is that I love the books and Kubrick wasn't faithful to either. I don't know The Killing though.

But seriously how could you not love Dr Strangelove?

^Agreed

What are people here's opinions of Boondock Saints? One of my roommates really likes it and one of my roommates hates it. I watched it to settle the dispute and I fall on the hates it side. It was so childish, stupid and had a backwards morality. It had terrible acting and the pacing was all off. Just a shitty movie.

Believe it or not, I was going to post this same question. I was thinking about it yesterday. "Boondock Saints: great film, or lame knock-off?"

I'll admit I was entertained by the film, but it's by no means the amazing movie that every teenage high school kid said it was. It has no depth or further philosophy to it. It seems more like a film made so that high school boys could think they're cool for liking it.

^Agreed

What are people here's opinions of Boondock Saints? One of my roommates really likes it and one of my roommates hates it. I watched it to settle the dispute and I fall on the hates it side. It was so childish, stupid and had a backwards morality. It had terrible acting and the pacing was all off. Just a shitty movie.

it seems to be really big among college students...particularly irish college students. I don't know. it's decent at best

I think Boondock Saints is alright. To me it was fun at first as a satire of vigilante vengeance movies. But then it seems like the director/writer loses focus and start to take his subject more seriously in the end which didn't really work in my opinion.

Still I wouldn't say I hated it. It could have been better though.

ooo. I picked up the 3 disc collector's version of No Country for Old Men. The third disc is just a copy to watch on your laptop er something, but the second disc does have some neat goodies and interviews

I think Boondock Saints is alright. To me it was fun at first as a satire of vigilante vengeance movies. But then it seems like the director/writer loses focus and start to take his subject more seriously in the end which didn't really work in my opinion.

Still I wouldn't say I hated it. It could have been better though.
Any satire in the movie is completely unintentional. It would've been way better had it not taken itself and its stupid message so seriously.

Watching Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM. It's a pretty good movie, but then again, I am a metal fan.

Next in line is Night of the Living Dead (1968).

I have decided to study up on the whole Zombie thing. For some reason they are one of the most entertaining "monsters". I find it very entertaining to discuss ideas about laws that govern the world of the Zombie. Much more so than Vampires or werewolves.

I just want to say that Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie is extremely bad movie and if I hadn't watched it when I was under 7 I would have said it sucked, but oh well. Nostalgic if nothing else. But Ivan Ooze is so gross. also zedd is cool

AND WHY DO THESE GUYS NEED TO BACKFLIP EVERYWHERE