The Official Movie Thread

The CGI in Dictrict 9 looks a thousand times better than Avatar. I don't understand why people aren't raving about the effects in that movie.

The only rand parts of the HD trailer for Avatar I discovered were the hands and the feet of the blue avatar halfway through the trailer.

Take a look, it's pretty damn spectacular - unfortunately I thought the humans, the mechs, the standing avatars... hell, the whole world just looks too polished and fake. Even if it is the chosen thematic... it would have been preferable to create something that somewhat mirrored our own perception of the world.

Probably gonna go see Inglorious Basterds and Halloween 2 with the lady at the drive ins this weekend.

Seems interesting enough.

Inglourious Basterds was alright. Not a big Tarantino guy, but my girlfriend is so she liked it more than I did. I hated the bar scene.

Gilliam's new film is coming out in December. It also happens to be Ledger's last film. Gilliam's a great director, the cast is great, and the trailer looks amazing:

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved District 9. Best sci fi movie I've seen in quite some time.

District 9 was pretty cool, but this was better.

moon_ver2.jpg

Of course this isn't really sci-fi action if thats what you're looking for. Kickass movie though.

Yesterday I watched The Motel. It was a film about a Chinese adolescent who lives at the motel his mother owns. He has grown up without a father and an overbearing Chinese mother. He meets a young man who checks into the motel who acts as father/friend to him and helps him man up. The plot becomes more depressing as it goes on and ends unexpectedly at the lowest point.

Today I watched American History X. I found it a very enjoyable movie about hatred and white supremacy, and the power to change people. The movie to me illustrates how hatred is a useless emotion that eats from within.

Saw Inglorious Bastards last night. Fantastic, as expected from Tarantino. The opening scene was pure Leone worship, which was awesome. Some extremely graphic scenes too, again, as expected.

Saw Halloween 2 last night from Rob Zombie. It was just fucking wierd and I realized that it just don't have that creepiness and obscurity of the 1st and 2nd originals by John Carpenter. It was brutal, but thats all it really had going for it.

this looks like a cool movie

Last edited by a moderator: