The Official Movie Thread

I torched *all* the evidence that proves you're you. So, like, WOW! Looks like you're gonna be in here for...
[looks at his watch]
THE NEXT HUNDRED YEARS!

The good thing for Ice and Fire though is they are shooting in Northern Ireland (so it's a lot cheaper), and they are getting sets from all the epic "ancient" movies like Troy and Kingdom of Heaven, so they can refurbish them to their style at a discount price while still having amazing quality.

Where are they shooting the scenes that don't take place in Westeros, or in the far south of Westeros (like Dorne)? Or are those what the set pieces are for?

Dorne is pretty far into the future of the books, so I don't know what they are planning, but I imagine finding a desert should be no problem, the world is full of hot hell-holes that no one likes.

Hopefully if this shit rules (and it better, Sean Bean as Ned AND Peter Dinklage as Tyrion), so when season two comes around I'm sure they'll have that figured out. Till then it's not really a concern I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
last night I watched Werner Herzog's Heart of Glass. This was my second foray into Herzog, the first being Aguierre..., and I'm really liking his style. In both of the films he creates this sort of mythology and really transports you (me) into that world, whether it's on a river in south america, or in a helpless german village. The film was filled with gorgeous shots and cinematography. the protagonist was a very interesting character (which is saying something since pretty much all the characters had some memorable quality). All around, I'd say it was a great film, and I'm definitely looking forward to my next experience with mr herzog

The Wolfman was actually pretty good. Very cookie cutter story line.. but good cast, way more violent than I expected, and seeing a monstrous part man part wolf was such an awesome change to the totally beastlike werewolves of today's horror films.

deltoro-wolfman-baker1.jpg

my only comment on the oscars is Sandra Bullock should not have won Best Actress...and I thought Steve Martin & Alec Baldwin were pretty funny

I was happy that Avatar didnt win ( and it was funny that Kathryn Bigelow owned her ex-husband James Cameron ) because it really wasnt that good.The effects made it, and the dialogue and story were just atrocious.

Now the Hurt Locker wasnt my favorite contender, but it was quite up there.I personally think DIstrict 9 or the un-nominated Moon should have won Best Picture.