The Official Movie Thread

You're an idiot.

And vaginas are only gross to geigh's. Like penises are gross to lezbeans.

edit: The idiot part was addressed to Dodens. I don't know how all you people got in between him and I...

Mine has never ever ever smelled like fish. (Though my urine did when I had that urinary tract infection ughh) and every book I've read on reproduction and the human body/etc and every doctor I've spoken to about i says it's a common misconception that vagina smells like fish. And that it only will if you have an infection.

So yes. "Every woman" you've been with must have had some sort of something going on down there.

Mine has never ever ever smelled like fish. (Though my urine did when I had that urinary tract infection ughh) and every book I've read on reproduction and the human body/etc and every doctor I've spoken to about i says it's a common misconception that vagina smells like fish. And that it only will if you have an infection.

So yes. "Every woman" you've been with must have had some sort of something going on down there.

Good work, Sus! You tell 'em!

im a girl and talking about this makes even me nauseous, but i still agree with you, guys idk what girls you been hanging around but they have an issue

and because talking about vagina's is extremely off topic i shall get back on the movie track
last night i watched Citizen Kane, which is supposed to be one of the best if not the number one movie of all time....

...and i thought it was pretty sucky. i was all excited to watch it too, damn i hate when that happens

im a girl and talking about this makes even me nauseous, but i still agree with you, guys idk what girls you been hanging around but they have an issue

and because talking about vagina's is extremely off topic i shall get back on the movie track
last night i watched Citizen Kane, which is supposed to be one of the best if not the number one movie of all time....

...and i thought it was pretty sucky. i was all excited to watch it too, damn i hate when that happens

The acting is bad, but that movie was a milestone in terms of cinematography, direction, etc from what I remember about watching it in flm class in high school.

It is pretty overrated as a film though.

Sounds like an awkward conversation

Which is why I included the words 'might' and 'discreetly'

and by 'might', I mean 'No chance in hell'

My dad is a doctor and my mom works in an OB/GYN clinic. I might ask that question discreetly to see if Susperia is full of shit or not.

Please do. And may I ask what kind of a doctor your father is? And in what way your mother works in the clinic? Because if she's just the secretary that doesn't really cut it honey.

And we all know doctors are infallible so let's all wait and see what Ozzman's pappy says.

In terms of Classical Hollywood Cinema it is pretty much the pinnacle of filmmaking. And no, the acting is not sucky like Ozzman said. Welles does a wonderful job and so does most of the rest of the cast.

The reason the film is so interesting is because of its experimental, highly evocative use of lighting, mise-en-scene (the use of visible ceilings, for example), cinematography (specifically the use of deep focus to frame scenes with little editing and extreme high/low angle shots) and its highly complex frame narrative structure. All of this coupled with a story of a wealthy and once well respected media baron descending into obscurity, madness and loneliness makes the film extremely intriguing, to say the least.

If you have the DVD version I'd suggest watching it again with Ebert's commentary turned on, as he points out many of the subtle meanings embedded within the film's aesthetics. And understanding CK's aesthetic symbolism is key to appreciating why it is heralded as such a grand achievement in the history of film.