The Official Movie Thread

Watched Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance last night. Pretty intense flick. It was one of those movies that just kind of leaves you not knowing what to say afterword because everything turns to such shit for every character.

I have already seen Oldboy, so now I just have to watch Lady Vengeance to finish up Park Chan-Wook's "Vengeance Trilogy". Perhaps tonight.

I'm going to watch this tonight actually.

I wasn't a fan of Lady Vengeance. Oldboy rules obviously.

for all the hype Oldboy got, I thought it was okay at best. I figured out the ending about halfway to three quarters of the way through the movie. Still everything else leading up to the end was pretty damn good

Anybody seen Valhalla Rising? From what I can tell it's sorta like Aguirre meets 300. I really want to check it out.

Mentioned earlier that VR as a whole was good not great...but the visuals, scope, landscapes, these were great. I get the Aguirre ref..but not the meeting 300. VR is more the slow plodding mysterious journey mixed with very little dialogue. And certainly doesn't have the continuous combative action and special effects of a 300.

On another note...the Mads Mikklesen fest continues for me. FLAME AND CITRON (08') was fantastic. Two Danish assasins hunt down Nazi higher-up war criminals.

Yeah, I was just basing that on the trailers that I've seen. I meant it more towards the brutality and primality found in 300. Not the greatest comparison, but whatever.

Is it still showing in theaters? I really want to see a fucking good movie at the theater for a change and this looks like it has a chance.

^
Sure, I getcha.

I really don't know of the theater status...I was able to get my hands on a copy of it luckily. The scope and visuals must be far more enjoyable on the bigscreen.

Watched Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance last night. Pretty intense flick. It was one of those movies that just kind of leaves you not knowing what to say afterword because everything turns to such shit for every character.

I have already seen Oldboy, so now I just have to watch Lady Vengeance to finish up Park Chan-Wook's "Vengeance Trilogy". Perhaps tonight.

hey, just saw oldboy and i'm about to get Sympathy for mr. vengeance, but i'd like to watch more jap movies, so which movies do you remomend?

btw, i've already seen Visitor Q, IZO and Audition, so you know my cup of tea.

And i'd like to know the most controversial movie of Dvaid Lynch.

Does anyone like criterion collection? I think it's great that something like that is around. Without it most flims wouldn't been put on dvd in the United States.

I wish I could afford Criterion's movies. Instead I just netflix them

as for David Lynch's most controversial movie, Blue Velvet
got a lot of shit (mostly because of Isabella Rossellini's character....I know I butchered her last name). It's personally my favorite of his. Inland Empire might be the runner up just because it's an exercise in wankery

hey, just saw oldboy and i'm about to get Sympathy for mr. vengeance, but i'd like to watch more jap movies, so which movies do you remomend?

btw, i've already seen Visitor Q, IZO and Audition, so you know my cup of tea.

And i'd like to know the most controversial movie of Dvaid Lynch.

Chan Wook Park is Korean my friend.

Also re David Lynch, it depends what you mean by controversial because Blue Velvet is structurally his most straightforward. I'd name Eraserhead as his most controversial.

By the way, is anyone here a Lost Highway fan? That's easily my favourite Lynch film, and one of the creepiest films I've seen.

Lost Highway is my favorite Lynch film. The scene where Blake's character introduces himself to Bill Pullman's is one of my favorite scenes in a film ever. And yes, very creepy.

Chan Wook Park is Korean my friend.

Also re David Lynch, it depends what you mean by controversial because Blue Velvet is structurally his most straightforward. I'd name Eraserhead as his most controversial.

By the way, is anyone here a Lost Highway fan? That's easily my favourite Lynch film, and one of the creepiest films I've seen.

Yeah, you're right about Chan Wook Park, and about Lynch, i'm considering to watch Eraserhead, i don't, must be cuz the name sounds more controversial than Blue Velvet. Also Lost Highway sounds pretty good.

I just saw Trainspotting. It's not a big story and don't have great actors, but is quite interesting to watch the behaviour of addicted people.

has anyone seen "Begotten?" it looks creepy as FUCK. it's on Youtube but i'm afraid to watch it home alone in the dark. reviews say it makes "Eraserhead" look like "Ernest Saves Christmas."

I watched this last night:

13TZAMETITEASER2sm.jpg

and thoroughly enjoyed it

trailer:

well, i decided to explore more this thread and now i'm downloading this. looks like very interesting. i think i'll need a new hard drive more soon than i thought. :D

Last edited by a moderator: