The Official Movie Thread

i like action because i accept it for what it is. i dont go an Arnold S. movie expecting to come out with a new theory on life:p but i still get why you guys dont like it.

does anyone like watching old film noirs? i love these, especially the old french ones, such as beauty and the beast. They are just classically beautiful peices of art.

i like action because i accept it for what it is. i dont go an Arnold S. movie expecting to come out with a new theory on life:p but i still get why you guys dont like it.

does anyone like watching old film noirs? i love these, especially the old french ones, such as beauty and the beast. They are just classically beautiful peices of art.

Just a matter of preference really. I prefer films that I can relate to (on whichever level) or films that I suppose leave much to the imagination, or thought once the movie is over.

I dislike movies that are constantly telling you what's going on, why it's happening, what's going to happen (regardless of cliche twists) and by the end of the movie everything is solved is there is nothing left to think about. Most often I feel action movies and most Hollywood movies are synonymous with this...

Try the film Brick. Its a modern film-noire. It takes place in a high school but has a total 1955 screenplay.

I also hate action movies - they have far too much emphasis on well...'action', special effects, over-the-top yet predictable plots, and are usually very formulaic. Just my opinion but I prefer movies that are more character-based, with real emotion, and yes artistic films. Well, basically European/independent films are what I'm into...

Alright, gaaaaaay!

I was about to post the same, when I came upon a moment of clarity.

We call him gay, yet we enjoy watching a muscular sweaty man grunt and moan and shit for 90 minutes :err:

Alright, gaaaaaay!

Seriously, Ars, are you trying to tell us something?

Yes, action movies are gay (funny enough?) and the new DevilDriver album is a definite 'meh'.

Ars is hot, don't beat up on him.

:)

Saw The Science of Sleep the other night. I'd been looking forward to seeing it for ages because I loved Human Nature and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but this one didn't grab me for some reason.

I've been meaning to check out both Eternal Sunshine and Science of Sleep...they look like movies I might enjoy

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind is a really good movie
you might have to watch it twice or even three times to fully understand the movie and not miss anything but its definitely worth it

Is that Shoot 'Em Up thing any good?

Thinking of (gasp) actually going to the cinema to see it.