The Official Movie Thread

Going on another horror movie binge to prepare for Halloween.
As am I, although I watch these types of films pretty much on the daily. There are some films though that fit the aura of the season so well they demand an October viewing. Most have been re-watches as I'm unable to afford drowning myself in DVD's. What I've watched/plan on watching:

The Serpent and the Rainbow
The Guardian
The Iron Rose
Shiver of the Vampires
Requiem For a Vampire
Dr. Jekyll and His Women
Scream and Die
Dracula's Daughter
Sleepless
Deadly Blessing

I haven't seen any of those but some of them are on my general "too watch" list. I need to check out more of Lynch's stuff. I've only seen Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, and Twin Peaks.

My music buddy and I went to see "Atlas Shrugged: Part II" as an excuse to hang out. The writer's pandering to the tea party was laughable. I almost lost it when one of the opening scenes featured the "Hannity" show. They also found a Mitt Romney look-a-like who spoke like Christian Bale's Batman to play the role of Hank Rearden, which resulted in me nearly laughing during every dialogue he was featured in. Teller from Penn and Teller was featured in a cameo, which was pretty awesome and it was the first time that I've actually heard him speak. Diedrich Bader played the role of Quentin Daniels, which was also pretty funny. It resulted in me picturing every scene in which he discussed John Galt's atmospheric static electricity powered engine as being a parody.

Ted was fucking hilarious. i haven't lol'd as much at a movie in a long time. go see it! oh and Mila Kunis <3

and Guardians of the Galaxy. These would be the movies that make up Phase 2

i can understand the hard-core 616 fans waiting for a Guardians of the galaxy movie (especially do-able because Avengers had aliens as the villians) but to me, it seems like Gaurdians of the galaxy will prolly be the lame-est of "the Phase 2 movies"

that's actually the only Jim Jarmusch film I've enjoyed

I have no idea who Jim Jarmusch is.
Don't really know anything about directors, producers or writers.
But I know what I like.

215px-Counterfeiters_ver3.jpg

Flammen_%26_Citronen.jpg

And a funny one.
four_lions_movie_poster_01.jpg

Trouble Every Day - French flick about modern day cannibalism. Utter shite. I hate movies where people don't behave like people, only saying just enough necessary to move the story forward and walking around as if in space. This could have been decent but the director tried to make it artsy. No payoff and the gore had no chance of making up for it.

Watched Sinister. It was okay I guess, had a couple really cool scenes but you figure out the ending really fast and its two hours long.

Prometheus was good enough.
Love Ridley Scott for going in a new direction and not just doing another alien movie. (+ the franchise got a much needed injection.)
Some awesome new stuff monster wise.
Sure the acting was mediocre but compared to Aliens?!
Not so bad.

And - "You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?... It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs."
Didn't ruin Star Wars for me.

They're going to make a sequel :kickass:
You sure? I'd see it.

later...

Watched The Rum Diary last night. It was a pretty fun movie. I actually really liked it and the only thing it was missing was Depp's love interest getting naked.

Recently watched:

New Year's Evil
Troll
Jack Frost (1996)
Children of the Corn
Slumber Party Massacre
Halloween III: Season of the Witch
Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
Blood Feast

You sure? I'd see it.

from Wikipedia:

"Scott said that a sequel would follow Shaw to her next destination, "because if it is paradise, paradise cannot be what you think it is. Paradise has a connotation of being extremely sinister and ominous." Lindelof cast doubt on his participation, and said, "if [Scott] wants me to be involved in something, that would be hard to say no to. At the same time, I do feel like [Prometheus] might benefit from a fresh voice or a fresh take or a fresh thought." Scott said that an additional film would be required to bridge the gap between the Prometheus sequel and Alien. On August 1, 2012, it was confirmed that Fox was pursuing a sequel with Scott, Rapace, and Fassbender involved, and was talking to new writers in case Lindelof does not return. The film would be scheduled for a release no earlier than 2014."