The Official Movie Thread

Watched 8213 gacy house last night. Found footage type movie about ghost hunters going to john Wayne gacy's house. Fairly low budget and confusing but it had its moments. Two of the three girls in the movie showed tits and gacy pulling the young camera man's pants down and dragging him into the crawl space. They didn't ruin the "monster" of the movie either, which the art work on the case might suggest.

Going on another horror movie binge to prepare for Halloween. Catching up on some classics that I hadn't seen.

Watched so far:

Bloody Birthday
Phantasm
The Omen

Planning on watching (so far):

Creepshow 2
Hard Rock Zombies
Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers
New Year's Evil
Candyman
Prince of Darkness
The Sentinel
Troll
Troll 2
Black Sabbath
Dreamaniac
Suspiria
Creature from the Black Lagoon
The Wolf Man
The Mummy (1932)
Dracula

:bah:

deadman.jpg

:bah:

Saw Prometheus for the first time the other day. Was pleasantly surprised. I expected it to be good but it was woah, great

I retract this statement. I watched it twice more, it got worse each time, and some glaring contradictions and errors stood out. pretty sad.

Once you watch it a couple times you start to notice how tedious the plot is, how half assed-thought up the sci fi elements are, with no real attempt at realism, and how mediocre the acting is. The special effects mesmerized me the first time watching.

For example, they are in cryogenic sleep for 2 years before they reach the star system. So they couldnt have been traveling faster than the speed of light, so at most they went 2 light years. There is no star system 2 light years from our solar system. At one point, a character states they are a half billion (so 500 million) miles from Earth. In another star system. 500 million miles is about half the way to Saturn. I wasn't aware there was another star system inside of ours...lol

Once you watch it a couple times you start to notice how tedious the plot is, how half assed-thought up the sci fi elements are, with no real attempt at realism, and how mediocre the acting is. The special effects mesmerized me the first time watching.

For example, they are in cryogenic sleep for 2 years before they reach the star system. So they couldnt have been traveling faster than the speed of light, so at most they went 2 light years. There is no star system 2 light years from our solar system. At one point, a character states they are a half billion (so 500 million) miles from Earth. In another star system. 500 million miles is about half the way to Saturn. I wasn't aware there was another star system inside of ours...lol

Haha. There are whole reviews on IMDB that only list the nonsense stuff.

That's all like... your opinion man.

Why couldn't they have been traveling faster than light? Why can't "half a billion miles" be a euphemism?

I grant the film has its flaws, but it's way more intellectually engaged than most reviews give it credit for.

They're going to make a sequel :kickass: