The Official Movie Thread

It's a really retarded request. Do you seriously think The Avengers is one of the best movies ever made? I know you're simple but come on. I could list literally hundreds of movies that are objectively better than The Avengers. It's a fun, dumb movie but it's hardly a modern classic.

i wasn't trying to argue that the Avengers was the greatest movie of all time

i was asking you to describe which types of movies you thought were better than the Avengers

like was the Avengers crappy because there were too many explosions?? or not enough??

which character did you like the least??

were you unable to follow what was going on, or did you feel beaten over the head with some aspect being too repetative??

not saying it was the greatest movie of all time, but just asking what specifically did you not like about it

also
i personnally liked The Doom Generation and Watchmen and maybe a few others more than the Avengers
but FYI there really are actually ridiculously huge amounts of people that really did think Avengers really was the greatest movie of all time

@ the people that have already seen the new Star Trek movie

my understanding was this new movie takes place the same stardate as The Original Series episode with Kahn in it

is that the feeling you guys had?? or did JJ Abrams just totally ignore it??

i wasn't trying to argue that the Avengers was the greatest movie of all time

i was asking you to describe which types of movies you thought were better than the Avengers

like was the Avengers crappy because there were too many explosions?? or not enough??

which character did you like the least??

were you unable to follow what was going on, or did you feel beaten over the head with some aspect being too repetative??

not saying it was the greatest movie of all time, but just asking what specifically did you not like about it

also
i personnally liked The Doom Generation and Watchmen and maybe a few others more than the Avengers
but FYI there really are actually ridiculously huge amounts of people that really did think Avengers really was the greatest movie of all time

I'll say again, it was a good movie. I didn't dislike it but I don't think it deserved all the praise it got. There was nothing that I thought was downright bad about it, I just found it unremarkable.

In other news, there were people booing and walking out of the premiere of Only God Forgives at Cannes. This just makes me want to see it more.

@ the people that have already seen the new Star Trek movie

my understanding was this new movie takes place the same stardate as The Original Series episode with Kahn in it

is that the feeling you guys had?? or did JJ Abrams just totally ignore it??

I don't recall how the original series episode went or what the stardate was, but I assume the new movie is going off of that episode. These new movies are in an alternate universe now though since the first movie when the Romulans went back in time to kill Spock and old Spock met his younger self. These occurrences caused shifts in the "plans" the original Star Trek TV show and movies were to follow. So this leaves the movies open to changes and differences.

These new movies are in an alternate universe now though since the first movie when the Romulans went back in time to kill Spock and old Spock met his younger self. These occurrences caused shifts in the "plans" the original Star Trek TV show and movies were to follow. So this leaves the movies open to changes and differences.

i get the whole alternate timeline thing

but is the movie supposed to take place at the same time as the Original Series Episode??
or is the "new time line" being used to completely totally ignore all the previous continuity

Outrage - Love Beat Takashi. Thought the film was a bit confusing and started slow but picked up nicely toward the end.

Dragon - New film with Donnie Yen? Sign me up! However, only three real fight scenes and only one particularly memorable. It was well shot, but no IP Man.

Wild at Heart (1990) - As big a Lynch fanatic as I am I really haven't spent as much time with this one as I have his other films. Not really sure why as I love it. For one of his more um... "straightforward" films its still pretty fucking looney tunes, and this happens:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why in the fuck would anyone watch a documentary on the Insane Clown Posse? Ever?

Just rewatched The Raid. Easily the best action movie in recent years. Can't wait for the sequel. I'm thinking I might watch Dredd now. It would be a nice double feature.

Saw The Hangover Part III and Fast & Furious 6.

Fast & Furious 6 has a great mid-credits scene that, if you're a fan of the movie series, you won't want to miss.