The Official Movie Thread

Watched Life is Beautiful yesterday, anyone else seen it? Pretty damn good drama/comedy of italian jew heading into a concentration camp, definitely recommend it

I'm watching the MacFarlane's western. I think this guy is a total fucking idiot. That movie about the teddy bear was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

It was the oddest mix of raw action and art house flick, but they pulled it off really well. Very entertaining and thought-provoking. It's not like it was saying anything new, per se, but the way it's filmed forces you to think more about what's going on.

What else is the director known for?

Watched Pontypool last night. Very interesting movie and i love my slow burners.

I also watched Deliver Us From Evil a while back. I thought it looked interesting from the previews and it was actually much better than i thought it was going to be. It's basically an exorcism type movie through the eyes of a police officer. Pretty unique unless someone wants to show me other examples. It does have a few jump scares which will immediately put some elitist types off but theyre well placed with proper build up. Pretty good atmosphere, a unique angle, a few scenes of gross out gore, my favorite horror movie since the remake of Evil Dead.

It's a good send off to old fashioned B movies from the black and white era and also an interesting take on David Ike theories / antisemitic traditional mythology.

Talking about Cronenberg, The Brood is one of the best horror movies ever. I think it's quite underrated too although I rarely read movie reviews and shit like that so how the fuck do I know.

EDIT: Yeah it has 75/100 on czech imdb and oh well I gave it 5/5.

Watched Pontypool last night. Very interesting movie and i love my slow burners.

Pontypool was so good! I was pleasantly surprised; it had a great mix of humor and creepy tension. And, being an English scholar interested in poststructuralism, it dealt with some cool issues of language.