The Official Movie Thread

my main man chaw dropped a 4/4 on the new IT so i'm gonna watch it i guess. my gf liked it also but that may have been the IT-themed cocktail talking.

I liked the new It. Watched it with the wife this evening.

Really was what I expected it to be.

I love that they called themselves out on the female lead looking like Molly Ringwald... laughed out loud at that.

Pennywise is a better shark than most syfy monsters.

rewatched the original IT and gotta say it's 10x better and is a perfect example for how the horror genre has died in at least the mainstream. anyone else seen the new one yet?

aguirre and fitzcarraldo are his most acclaimed along with stroszek. alternatively if you want another bruno s one try the enigma of kaspar hauser. the story behind bruno s is worthy of a movie in itself: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Schleinstein

of course, the behind-the-scenes stories about aguirre and fitzcarraldo are just about the most legendary in movie history. herzog is some kind of genius but also a total maniac. kinski... he's mostly just a maniac.
Watched Fitzcarraldo the other night, holy shit

fitzcarraldo.gif

What a crazy bastard. Apparently the natives offered to kill him haha.

I can't believe they really hauled that 320 ton ship over a hill with no effects. "Conquistador of the Useless" haha

The only annoying thing was that it was dubbed. Apparently it was shot in English?

rewatched the original IT and gotta say it's 10x better and is a perfect example for how the horror genre has died in at least the mainstream. anyone else seen the new one yet?

The original It is horrible 90s made for tv cheese.

The horror genre just pretty much surged with IT coming back btw. Not sure what you mean there

Watched Fitzcarraldo the other night, holy shit

fitzcarraldo.gif

I can't believe they really hauled that 320 ton ship over a hill with no effects. "Conquistador of the Useless" haha

The only annoying thing was that it was dubbed. Apparently it was shot in English?

yeah, it was originally supposed to star jason robards and mick jagger lmao. herzog had a longstanding obsession with hollywood and has ended up making several hollywood movies. i'm glad that wasn't one of them although i would kinda like to see what he was going for.

you've saved the best til last IMO assuming you didn't see aguirre already <3 that one was also filmed in english but later dubbed in both german and english because they lost or damaged their only original recordings i believe (the fucking production stories behind aguirre are just out of this world in general). so you can watch an english dub of an english movie if you want (i've always watched it in german though, it suits the film better by all accounts and it's a v good dub which i don't find distracting, but mileage may vary).

Last edited:

watch this:

movieposter.jpg

The horror genre just pretty much surged with IT coming back btw. Not sure what you mean there

Yeah, let's ruin all scary atmosphere with dick jokes and mimic asian horror style into a whack rehash =/

when was the last time you saw TV IT? Outside of the ending I don't get the cheese complaint

Reactions: Satanstoenail