The Official Movie Thread

Did anyone know that a bunch of Germans were making a Warhammer 40,000 fan film? Too bad no one will ever see it if they can't get through the copyright laws. All I know is it's called Damnatus, and you can read the story here.

I'm currently watching 300 with the director's commentary. Really makes one appreciate the complex role of computer graphics, down to the smallest subtleties, and all the other little details you're likely to miss.

51dR3RU5ftL._SS500_.jpg

I saw the Pursuit of Happyness (spelled wrong on purpose btw, just so someone isn't like YOU CAN'T SPELL) and it was actually very good. I don't really like Will Smith in any of his movies, excluding Independence Day, and it was a nice surprise to see him in a role that seemed to suit him.

I've just got his second box set, so 'Stroszek', 'Even Dwarves Started Small', 'Fata Morgana', 'Heart Of Glass' and 'The Enigma Of Kaspar Hauser'.

Stroszek is obviously the most acclaimed, but I quite fancy Fata Morgana.

Whilst I don't think any of those are as good as Fitzcarraldo or, my personal favourite film, Aguirre..., they're all definitely worth watching.

Stroszek is the most story-orientated of the four I've seen in that set, and perhaps his saddest film, whilst Fata Morgana is much more visceral and hypnotic (along with, I suppose, the disturbingly bizarre WDSS). So yeah, it depends what you're in the mood for. The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser is excellent too by the way, quite slow going but if you love Herzog's strange, naturalistic documentary-esque style you'll definitely enjoy it. When Dwarfes Started Small needs watching just because there's no other experience anything like it, though I'm not sure I *enjoyed* it as such. HoG I'm yet to see, though I own the same box set.

I saw the Pursuit of Happyness (spelled wrong on purpose btw, just so someone isn't like YOU CAN'T SPELL) and it was actually very good. I don't really like Will Smith in any of his movies, excluding Independence Day, and it was a nice surprise to see him in a role that seemed to suit him.

Men in Black, man.

Whilst I don't think any of those are as good as Fitzcarraldo or, my personal favourite film, Aguirre..., they're all definitely worth watching.
I have his 1st box set as well, so i've seen the films from that. Aguirre is one of my favourite movies of all time. Fitzcarraldo is very good as well, but I liked Woyzeck more.

Stroszek is the most story-orientated of the four I've seen in that set, and perhaps his saddest film, whilst Fata Morgana is much more visceral and hypnotic (along with, I suppose, the disturbingly bizarre WDSS). So yeah, it depends what you're in the mood for. The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser is excellent too by the way, quite slow going but if you love Herzog's strange, naturalistic documentary-esque style you'll definitely enjoy it. When Dwarfes Started Small needs watching just because there's no other experience anything like it, though I'm not sure I *enjoyed* it as such. HoG I'm yet to see, though I own the same box set.

Cheers, I'll see what I feel in the mood for on the weekend.