The Official Movie Thread

This movie is overrated as fuck. At the risk of sounding like a pretentious twat, I think Aranofsky 'sold out' with this movie. Pi was fantastic, great ideas implemented intelligently, but it seemed to me like RfaD was too much style over substance. My biggest problem is that I couldn't have cared less about the characters. It was watchable for sure, but uninspired.
My biggest problem was that it was like "take every stereotypical druggie problem and bake them together". whoring, falling out with your parents, getting infected by the needle, getting busted, breaking hearts, gang violence, etc. etc. Felt alittle over the top.

If there is movie elitism then why not have video game elitism as well? For instance, Grim Fandango is one of the greatest adventure games, for it's a journey like few others, and most games that try to emulate its greatness are derivative emotionless crap.
Someone should open a site for game elitists, that'd be fun.

That's the best non-Star Wars game Lucas Arts has ever put out. Outlaws is great too.

My biggest problem was that it was like "take every stereotypical druggie problem and bake them together". whoring, falling out with your parents, getting infected by the needle, getting busted, breaking hearts, gang violence, etc. etc. Felt alittle over the top.

I noticed that too, I thought he could have gone for a slightly more inventive approach, but it's just traditional drug addiction fare that's been superficially jazzed up.

This movie is overrated as fuck. At the risk of sounding like a pretentious twat, I think Aranofsky 'sold out' with this movie. Pi was fantastic, great ideas implemented intelligently, but it seemed to me like RfaD was too much style over substance. My biggest problem is that I couldn't have cared less about the characters. It was watchable for sure, but uninspired.

What? I was touched by that movie. Honestly a totally amazing movie. Pi is also a amazing movie.

Me and a friend saw Dan in Real Life. It was a romantic comedy starring Steve Carell. It was moderately funny and moderately touching and overall enjoyable.

Yea. It was not to bad.

Why is everyone watching Evil Dead?

I watched Proof last night. A movie about how daughter of a brilliant but crazed mathematician, who had recently died, tries to understand and accept the possibility that she is probably just as much of a genius as he is...and just as insane. It was a very good movie, I recommend it.

I saw the play once. Then the movie a few weeks later. the play had a bunch of amateurs and the casting was terrible. The movie was more enjoyable.

Seeing V for Vendetta for the third time tonight taught me how some movies you need to see more than once to fully understand.

I liked the movie, but when I realized that proof was loosely related, I was no longer interested. I had to see it for my AP English class in high school. It was one of the better plays I saw that year though.

definitely one of Bergman's best

what'd you think of Following? I saw you bought it...

I definitely need to see more Bergman. All I have seen is The Seventh Seal, Fanny and Alexander and Wild Strawberries (my favorite of these). What else would you recommend?

I've only seen TSS, WS and Persona, but Bergman has tons that are generally considered classics; Scenes from a Marriage, Cries & Whispers, Winter Light, The Virgin Spring, The Silence, Shame etc.