The Official Movie Thread

I have not seen this movie in years and need to again and might just buy it next time when at a bestbuy.

51VS5XXNPRL._SS500_.jpg

Well my friend really wanted me to come with him to see Superbad tonight at the lecture hall. I went anyways, knowing the movie would be terrible (it was an excuse to stop at the Starbucks pavillion on the way).

I don't think I've seen a more terrible movie in my life. I left about half way through it.

I laughed, but it reminded me of why I loathed people in highschool (I couldn't connect at all with the characters, only laugh at them).

7379194.jpg

I think this is in the first one. The Tall man is standing about 15 feet from some priest and all of the sudden the priests rosary around his neck picks him up off the ground cutting of his circulation for a bit than dropping him on the floor and The Tall man goes, "you think when you die you go to heaven you come to us'

best scene ever.

I also like the part when The Tall man picks up a casket with a body in it all by himself.

creepy

Finally saw Eyes Wide Shut, weird thinking back at all the negative reviews it got. Although I always seem to like slow paced/dream films.

Can anyone comment on:
Hei tai yang 731/Men Behind The Sun
Chaos
The Last House on the Left
Addio zio Tom/Goodbye Uncle Tom

Low-brow, neanderthalensic humor.
Exactly, and the only movie that outdoes it in this category is Dumb and Dumber. Both brilliant as far as that genre goes. I think Superbad did a solid take on high school i.e. getting actual high school kids to be the actors. Just watch that home-ec rant. :lol:

The Last House on the Left

I watched this one recently. I was a bit disappointed to be honest. I've always heard the film touted as really shocking and hard to watch but it wasn't nearly as extreme as I expected it to be. I mean, there is that one famous scene in there that's always talked about and I guess that was pretty well-done. Also, some of the acting isn't very convincing. Plus, there's some attempt at light-hearted comedy throughout which I thought detracted from the whole "gritty realism" which is what I thought the film was supposed to convey.

Run Lola Run
It's German and in subtitles, but still amazing

!

Speak of the devil :mad:

This would be the correct way to say it ho

Run Lola Run
It's German and in subtitles, amazing. Since I am not a stupid cunt I can actually pay attention to two things at the same time. Also it gives the movie a more authentic feel :)

They were filming the final scene for "I Am Legend" right around the corner from where I was working today. Kind of last minute considering that the movie comes out in the beginning of December.