The Official Movie Thread

I didn't like The Science of Sleep much at all. It just seemed like a vehicle for Gondry to wank on his stop-motion special effect trickery. In ESotSM, their was narrative reason for the use of said special effects.

I never liked the SM movies much and I thought the third was easily the worst of the bunch.

I just saw The Departed, good film, but I think I prefer Infernal Affairs. Probably in part to both seeing IA first and knowing TD is basically the American version of the original.

I've been having a Western Movie Marathon with 3:10 to Yuma, A Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Once Upon A Time in the West, Unforgiven, The Wild Bunch, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and The Magnificent Seven. So fucking good. Western have to be the best movie genre in my mind.

While I'm watching all these "cool guy" movies, I watched "Spider Man 3" tonight & I thought it was freaking cool. Best one in the series by far.

Spiderman1967.jpg

Epic.

spiderman3.JPG

Gay.

Vampire movies are pretty cool. I just watched Nosferatu the Vampyre the other night which was wonderful flick. I really want to see the original 1922 silent film now, but i'm not sure where I could possibly find that.

I just saw Rendition today. Decent film that generally had good performances (save maybe Reese Witherspoon). It could have been tightened up here and there, but the overall effectiveness of the central thesis remained in tact, for the most part. Definitely a film that should be seen by citizens of Western democracies and Americans especially in these tumultuous times.

I also watched Murnau's Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans (1927) in preparation for a paper I have to write. It is an absolute masterpiece and I recommend it to anyone even remotely interested in art cinema.