The Official Movie Thread

I definitely plan to! I dig Brian Cox and Tom Noonan, I hear Cox is a really good Lector.

Cox does a really good job, doesn't have the same presence as Hopkins. Still cool to see Lector played differently if what you're used to is Hopkins. Tom Noonan is an awesome psychopath. Kind of steals the show. Peterson, Farina and the rest of the supporting cast, all awesome. Definitely pick it up.

Reactions: CiG
One could easily agree with the isolationist ideology being correct and regard the decision to open up to the world the beginning of its downfall.

Viewers don’t have to agree with the movie’s final lefty message. They can say “see, Wakanda was doing great only taking care of its own, now they’re gonna fuck it up”

I was nodding my head to Kaluuya’s character when he said “bring the refugees in and they take their problems with them and Wakanda becomes like everywhere else”. The movie provided a voice for right wingers that sounded reasonable. *and they never made it look completely wrong*. They went left in the end for no concrete reason, just being nice

You could see it that way, sure. You'd be ignoring the general narrative arc of the film, but go for it. (and of course you nod your head for one of the antagonists ;) )

Viewers don't have to be so committed to finding a message that fits their personal political views. This is a big-budget Marvel film, it's less interested in swaying viewers' opinions than in racking up ticket sales. I care less about Wakanda's foreign policies than about seeing a bunch of black actors in leading Hollywood roles. Plus it was a fun movie.

All this drivel really makes me care even less about seeing this film.

Honestly, I'm just objecting to Breitbart's dumbass perspective on a movie whose ideological motivations are so surface-level that it's not worth trying to warp them into something else. It's just a fun movie.

I care less about Wakanda's foreign policies than about seeing a bunch of black actors in leading Hollywood roles.

[raises fist]

I can see why people are making the connection because Wakanda is the alt-right's wet-dream, but the thought of modern Hollywood inserting politics into films that are barely watchable as it is really turns me off. I actually have a lot of catching up to do with these MU and DCU films though, haven't seen Doctor Strange yet.

Also Killmonger (who was badass btw) is an amalgamation of Black Lives Matter and military interventionism, and I think both of those suck, so good job for making those ideas those of the bad guy

Basically the movie was saying “rich countries would be fucking awesome if they were isolationist, but they should share because fuzzy feelings”. Viewers can ignore the 2nd part. The movie never shows any downside to the 1st part other than “it’s mean“

I did find it entertaining

Last edited:
A store near me is closing down and selling off their inventory. I bought a bunch of movies and/or TV shows on DVD at a nice discount. Now none of the movies are what I would call GREAT, but they were ones that I liked so I snagged them.

The first of these that I watched was San Andrea. Goofy action disaster flick with Dwayne Johnson but I like it.

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
I definitely plan to! I dig Brian Cox and Tom Noonan, I hear Cox is a really good Lector.

Edit: oh it's actually available to buy now.

View attachment 14465

Little expensive still.

A few weeks ago you posted this:

Yeah I don't see it either, perhaps some, but the old school feminism is not something I'm against anyway. If it were today's feminism that film would have been very very different.

That said, Manhunter > the rest including the okay TV show.

It's nice that you have such a strong opinion on a movie that you've apparently only heard about and never seen.

You really are all over the place.

It's nice that you have such a strong opinion on a movie that you've apparently only heard about and never seen.

I've seen it on VHS but that was years ago when when my VCR still worked. I think I've mentioned a few times that there are movies I haven't seen since my VHS days. I don't exactly remember the performances too well.

Also I thought that saying an obscure b-movie was better than all the high quality Hollywood produced Lector stuff was an obvious attempt to mine some salt and be a contrarian douche, but I shouldn't be surprised the local autist wouldn't get that and instead would see it as an opportunity to try and take a jab at someone.

Congratulations, you're TechBarb's replacement but not half as fun, you b-list metal celebrity friend-collecting cunt.

jSisufA.gif

You've seen the movie but you've only heard that Brian Cox is a good Hannibal Lecter? Did you miss most of the movie? The post you made makes absolutely no sense if you've actually seen the film.

Also I thought that saying an obscure b-movie was better than all the high quality Hollywood produced Lector stuff was an obvious attempt to mine some salt and be a contrarian douche, but I shouldn't be surprised the local autist wouldn't get that and instead would see it as an opportunity to try and take a jab at someone.

tumblr_ng953c5Fz91t52mf4o1_400.gif

You've seen the movie but you've only heard that Brian Cox is a good Hannibal Lecter? Did you miss most of the movie? The post you made makes absolutely no sense if you've actually seen the film.

It does if it's been so long I don't remember if the performances hold up, especially when compared to Hopkins. I only really remember Tom Noonan's character.

Tom Noonan is memorable in anything he's in.

Edit: oh wow, here's some proof that my memory does in fact stink, I didn't even recall that William Petersen from To Live and Die in L.A. plays Will Graham. :eek:

Last edited: