The Official Movie Thread

Can't think of any films remotely approaching historical accuracy for Jesus the revolutionary either, mind you.

Methinks we are going a bit off topic!

I'm not sure there really is an accuracy with which someone can depict Jesus because I don't think there's anything even approaching concrete evidence that he even existed, whereas I am pretty sure there's more evidence that Muhammad actually did exist.

Mythical depictions of the Jesus story are forgivable, given that, IMO.
I do actually enjoy quite a lot of the Jesus films though, and the biblical films in general.

Watching:

fudoh-the-new-generation-f2038f40-eeb5-494c-b982-dbe2c4e2a64-resize-750.jpg

Takashi Miike, 1996. The poisoned coffee/bloodbath scene in the car is fucking funny.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Fudoh was crazy shit. A hermaphrodite who shoots needles through a metal pipe from her vagina, then has sex with a yakuza chick using her penis later on. One scene she shoots a dart and period blood squirts out and she apologizes. A Korean hitman goes to a Japanese restaurant, orders kimchi and loses his mind because it's seasoned to the tastebuds of the Japanese, so he beats the shit out of the whole kitchen staff. Main character tattooed his own whole back with his brother's blood and the tattoo only shows up on his skin when his body temperature goes up.

So many apeshit scenes, I love Miike.

Last edited:
I'm not sure there really is an accuracy with which someone can depict Jesus because I don't think there's anything even approaching concrete evidence that he even existed, whereas I am pretty sure there's more evidence that Muhammad actually did exist.

Mythical depictions of the Jesus story are forgivable, given that, IMO.
I do actually enjoy quite a lot of the Jesus films though, and the biblical films in general.

We have travelled through a wormhole.

It is widely accepted by historians that Jesus of Nazareth existed (as opposed to the mythologised Jesus Christ) but I agree the actual details of his life are very sketchy. If you're interested read Reza Aslam's 'Zealot', it is an easily digestible historical 'biography' that takes the few verifiable facts about Jesus' life and tries to put some meat on the bones, admittedly sometimes overreaching a bit.

Fudoh was crazy shit. A hermaphrodite who shoots needles through a metal pipe from her vagina, then has sex with a yakuza chick using her penis later on. One scene she shoots a dart and period blood squirts out and she apologizes. A Korean hitman goes to a Japanese restaurant, orders kimchi and loses his mind because it's seasoned to the tastebuds of the Japanese, so he beats the shit out of the whole kitchen staff. Main character tattooed his own whole back with his brother's blood and the tattoo only shows up on his skin when his body temperature goes up.

So many apeshit scenes, I love Miike.

"THIS GUY IS FANTASTIC!"

Reactions: CiG
Watching:

avalon-south-korean-movie-poster.jpg

Cyberpunk film directed by Mamoru Oshii (massive selling point all on its own right there) which I have actually seen on latenight TV maybe a decade ago or more. Don't remember much about it TBH.