The Official Movie Thread

45208109_1003408403194937_4167285297043734528_n.jpg

anyone here actually seen any of the movies mentioned here??

What person who likes Suspiria is hoping for Paranormal Activity?

It's an insult to share the same name. No reason for that. The forced step count was embarrassing. Let alone the damn cameo.

Chatted up with the old grandma next to me to watch the original. Please pray for her , she was mad she wasted 2.5 hours with only so few hours left

What person who likes Suspiria is hoping for Paranormal Activity?

It's an insult to share the same name. No reason for that. The forced step count was embarrassing. Let alone the damn cameo.

What does it matter that it shares the same name? I think we agree they're completely different movies. So is Carpenter's version of The Thing as compared to Hawks.

Tthe 'forced step count' was one of the few elements that homaged the original.

And the cameo... if you're referring to Jessica Harper, it was integral to the story and not embarrassing at all. I didn't even recognise her until the credits rolled, so it was hardly a disruptive cameo.

What does it matter that it shares the same name? I think we agree they're completely different movies. So is Carpenter's version of The Thing as compared to Hawks.

Tthe 'forced step count' was one of the few elements that homaged the original.

And the cameo... if you're referring to Jessica Harper, it was integral to the story and not embarrassing at all. I didn't even recognise her until the credits rolled, so it was hardly a disruptive cameo.

Actually heard that The Thing and it's predecessor are pretty similar but most people don't know that there even is a movie from the 50s based off the same short story or whatever it's from.

I know the step count was influenced from the original, but it made no sense why it's in this one. It randomly came up and while was central the original. Insulting.

Of course I'm referring to Harper. What value does the psychiatrist bring the new version? Or in the ending?

Actually heard that The Thing and it's predecessor are pretty similar but most people don't know that there even is a movie from the 50s based off the same short story or whatever it's from.

I know the step count was influenced from the original, but it made no sense why it's in this one. It randomly came up and while was central the original. Insulting.

Of course I'm referring to Harper. What value does the psychiatrist bring the new version? Or in the ending?

I've seen Hawks' version. It's more sci-fi. The Thing doesn't shape-shift. Hawks was an absolute rock star back then, so it's not like Carpenter was remaking an obscure film. I'm all for directors being creative and loose in their remakes.

The psychiatrist is the rational counterpoint necessary in this type of movie, not only to counter the occult but the excesses and imbalances of artists/athletes who are driven to extremes. His rationality is however impaired by his grief and longing.

I'm not surprised you dislike the film; it is extremely polarising and I've seen some absolutely brutal reviews on it, but I'm puzzled by your choice of criticisms. I can at least understand where the likes of Richard Brody come from in terms of complaining about the superficiality of the political/historical elements. It has lofty pretensions so it exposes itself to critique more so than original which had a much simpler agenda.

'm not surprised you dislike the film; it is extremely polarising and I've seen some absolutely brutal reviews on it, but I'm puzzled by your choice of criticisms. I can at least understand where the likes of Richard Brody come from in terms of complaining about the superficiality of the political/historical elements. It has lofty pretensions so it exposes itself to critique more so than

That's why it is bad. The random feminism coupled with post Nazi Germany was horrible in execution. And to say the dancing was comparably important to Black swan is something I see as quite a stretch too. Nothing redeeming other than the first kill scene tbh