The Official Movie Thread

Definitely haven't seen as much recent stuff as you guys. Not all of these are exactly "Hollywood" lmao.

13. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
17. Logan
20. Doctor Strange

I've only seen these three from your list. I really didn't like Three Billboards. Acting was great. I thought the story left something to be desired, especially the last portion of the movie.

I thought Doctor Strange was kind of pedestrian. It was fine to watch, but didn't make me lust to watch it over and over.

And I freaking loved Logan.

they were only even considering re-hire-ing him as director because the films are so fucking inter-conected that they were going to have to use his script no matter what and re-hiring him now gets the production going quick enough so that the movies aren't horribly out-of-order in terms of chronology

Well, there was also the problem of the cast saying they weren't going to do the movie if he wasn't directing it (Dave Bautista was especially vocal about that). And there is still going to be a delay because Gunn is going to direct DC's The Suicide Squad first.

Well, there was also the problem of the cast saying they weren't going to do the movie if he wasn't directing it (Dave Bautista was especially vocal about that). And there is still going to be a delay because Gunn is going to direct DC's The Suicide Squad first.
@TageRyche
yeah
but even if they'd gotten someone else to "direct" it, it would have still been james gunn's script with the whole inter-connected-ness thing going on with the MCU movies

so, now the delay is going slightly out-of-order but hopefully not jarringly so

I've only seen these three from your list. I really didn't like Three Billboards. Acting was great. I thought the story left something to be desired, especially the last portion of the movie.

I thought Doctor Strange was kind of pedestrian. It was fine to watch, but didn't make me lust to watch it over and over.

And I freaking loved Logan.
haven't seen Logan
but Doc Strange >>>>>>>>>>three billboards

Direct to Video Documentary Highlights 90s Era Straight to VHS Horror Movies

default.jpg

That's how I feel about most of these new capefag films, but Doctor Strange got the opposite reaction from me. It was a very cool psychedelic mindfuck. It had some issues for sure, but ultimately I thought it was much more interesting than the average Marvel film.

haven't seen Logan
but Doc Strange >>>>>>>>>>three billboards

I'm shocked that the guy dickriding superhero shit the hardest prefers a superhero film. Also; see Logan asap.

Including 2015 in 'the last four years'?

over 50% of 2015 was in the last four years ya pedant. plus one of the movies that began this conversation was ex machina from 2015.

3. The Wailing
5. The Killing of a Sacred Deer

The Salesman (Farhadi)
Manchester by the Sea (Lonergan)
Toni Erdmann (Ade)
Elle (Verhoeven)

1. Brawl in Cell Block 99
8. Bone Tomahawk
9. The Florida Project
12. Den of Thieves
17. Logan

good choices, strongly considered some of these myself.

Youth (Sorrentino)
Dunkirk (Nolan)

13. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

these are closer to my bottom 20 lol