The Official Movie Thread

Dark Habits (Entre tinieblas) 1983, my second Almodóvar movie and I'm really loving this guy. Though I felt like this one slightly fell apart in the final act, it didn't detract much from the whole film. Especially liked the premise of an order of nuns who adopt humiliating nicknames for themselves (eg Sister Rat, Sister Manure etc) and take in female prostitutes, drug addicts and murderers for redemption. The Mother Superior of the order is a lesbian cokehead with a pop star mural in her office. Every little detail and touch works so well to create this very believable little world wherein all these imperfect nuns exist, it's so great. It was also nice to see some familiar faces from ¿Qué he hecho yo para merecer esto? the first film by Almodóvar that I watched.
The more you watch, the faster you'll start recognizing his regular players. My favorite in that one is Marisa Paredes as Sister Manure, the masochistic acid head. Fucking hot. Dark Habits is an interesting one because out of those early films, it's the one he's said he feels the least close too because it was brought to him by a producer with the only caveat being the lead actress had to be the producers girlfriend. He still made it his film, though.

Reactions: CiG
I had a physical reaction when she broke the bottle on the floor and stood on the shards. :lol:
movie-Entre-tinieblas-entre%2Bles%2Bt%25C3%25A9n%25C3%25A8bres-pedro-almodovar-1983-www.lylybye.blogspot.com_18.png

Reactions: CiG
Watched X3: The Last Stand again yesterday and bumped it up a point. Still cant see why so many people hate this movie. Yea a lot of the story broke away form the comics, but that also happened with the previous two films.It geat midnless fun. I thin a lot of the hate the movie received from the non-comic fans was because Ratner directed it? People for some reason love shitting on that dude.

My mutant marathon continues today with ...
xowolverinebs.jpg

another film which i think is nowhere near as bad as most people say. I'd take this over most of the MCU movie in a heartbeat.

The Wolverine is the one that takes place in Japan iirc, I liked that one but most people I know didn't lol. I also enjoyed the Deadpool movies for what they are, more of a comedy series or whatever. Brolin was cool as Cable.

Also which are your favourite MCU films? Black Panther, Winter Soldier and Doctor Strange are for me the best MCU films that I've seen.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I need to get off my ass and see them already. You planning to see that new one, Dark Phoenix?
yea, i've heard its a redo of X3(which was supposed the be the movie version of The Dark Phoenix Saga) but people still hated it lol. But most people also shat on X3 and Origins:Wolvie so i take what they say with a grain of salt. I have all of the X-men movies minus The Wolverine, the two Deadpools and that one.

Just saw this one last week. It is somewhat of a redo of x3. If your a fan of the series then of course it should be seen, with out saying too much, pretty big finale /battle royal, but I thought it was the weakest of all the x-men movies.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
The Wolverine is the one that takes place in Japan iirc, I liked that one but most people I know didn't lol. I also enjoyed the Deadpool movies for what they are, more of a comedy series or whatever. Brolin was cool as Cable.

Also which are your favourite MCU films? Black Panther, Winter Soldier and Doctor Strange are for me the best MCU films that I've seen.
yeah, i dont like what theyve; done with Deadpool(in the books and form what i hear the movies) in the last 10+ years. complete slapstick bullshit. But i've also heard its a pretty violent and bloody film. I'll eventually check them out and probably add em to my collection for the right price. And yeah The Wolverine is the one in Japan.

I probably like the first Thor the most. The Cap and Guardians films were okay too. Havent seen anything after Civil war minus the second guardians.

Here's a fact that most people outside of comic books wouldn't know. The Avengers were a second rate team during the late 80's and 90's. Literally no one gave a shit about any of them or bought their books. The reason these new movies got so popular was because they were the only characters marvel had the rights to when they stated making their own movies. They were basically the leftovers. X-Men and Daredevil were/are Fox, Spidey was Sony, Punisher is lionsgate/the original marvel studios, Ghost Rider was/is columbia/sony, Hulk is universal .. and they're not deciding to play ball with the new Disney/Marvel which is why we havent and probably wont be seeing a MCU Hulk movie. Bunch of drama, and all these character rights were auctioned off to these different companies back when marvel was filing for bankruptcy in the early 90's. I think they even offered sony a combined deal to purchase all of their characters but Sony said "nah we just want spidey" hahah boy do they regret that move now.

Watched Coffee and Cigarettes. Way more entertaining than expected, not that I'd really contemplated what to expect in advance. Every segment had something funny in it. Jack/Meg White was a bit dumb but Alfred Molina/Steve Coogan was particularly hilarious.

Reactions: Onder and CiG