The Official Movie Thread

akira_16XL._RI_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Independent cinema 5 minutes from my home screened this today. Seeing it on the big screen was fucking transcendental.

images-w1400.jpg

This morning I watched Pedro Almodóvar's Law of Desire. Some small issues but overall another one I enjoyed a lot, he's gradually becoming a favourite.

Trying to fit in as many films today as I can, work starts up tomorrow and it will be busy because of the season. :erk:

Watching this now:

dfb.jpg

This morning I watched Pedro Almodóvar's Law of Desire. Some small issues but overall another one I enjoyed a lot, he's gradually becoming a favourite.
Banderas is phenomenal in that one. I love the scene where he's just going on and on about how Pablo should sign his letters and he's like "What letters?!" He plays such a great obsessive.

Reactions: CiG
Disney+ has all the X-Men movies, I can finally watch those ones we talked about the other day dude.

Edit: The Nightingale was good, but could have been a lot better. It played out like an awkward combination of generic mainstream cinema and brutal graphic exploitation. I couldn't shake the feeling like I was being preached to as well, and that the characters were supposed to be both a) historical and realistic to some degree but b) one-dimensional in their motivations (or severe lack thereof) and intentions.

Can't shake the feeling of being letdown by what it ended up being, even though it wasn't bad. Great ending though.

Last edited:
Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
so i guess the fist disney:puke: X movie is going to be The New Mutants

...not gonna lie though, thought that trailer was pretty cool.

This was my favorite comic growing up. But this movie was made so long ago and Disney has botched it so badly that I don't see how this movie becomes a success. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't be in the theaters to see it.

Last edited: