The Official Movie Thread

Tonight

73230_4_large.jpg

Disney+ has all the X-Men movies, I can finally watch those ones we talked about the other day dude.

Edit: The Nightingale was good, but could have been a lot better. It played out like an awkward combination of generic mainstream cinema and brutal graphic exploitation. I couldn't shake the feeling like I was being preached to as well, and that the characters were supposed to be both a) historical and realistic to some degree but b) one-dimensional in their motivations (or severe lack thereof) and intentions.

Can't shake the feeling of being letdown by what it ended up being, even though it wasn't bad. Great ending though.
the X-men movies are good individually
but if you binge-watch them
you'll notice that they all contradict each other
then first class looks like a re-boot

Just finished watching Rambo: Last Blood
, what a fucking way to end a franchise. It was more of a drama/thriller for much of the film, a real slow-burner, but the final act was splatterific mayhem! Loved that they used a good deal of practical SFX too, made it feel almost like an exploitation film at times. Had no idea the director was the Get the Gringo guy but in hindsight I see the similarities in tone and so on.

@CiG , looks interesting

That looks fucking awesome man, thanks. So many familiar faces too, David Patrick Kelly, William Sadler, Martin Kove, Stephen Lang, Fred Williamson!

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
Jojo Rabbit looks pretty shit to me.

It is. I caught it on the big screen on the ship one night, along with Gemini Man and Ad Astra. None of them were really that good although Gemini Man did have some reasonably good action scenes in the first half. Jojo Rabbit was almost boring.

Seems harsh all of a sudden.

Thor Ragnarok is my favourite of the Marvel films I've seen, because it was actually funny.

I actually watched that for the first time the other day. Thought it was extremely meh and not really funny at all. Definitely not my favourite of the MCU films, not even close tbh. What We Do in the Shadows seems like a fluke to me at this point.

I actually watched that for the first time the other day. Thought it was extremely meh and not really funny at all. Definitely not my favourite of the MCU films, not even close tbh. What We Do in the Shadows seems like a fluke to me at this point.

I guess you can't account for differences in sense of humour but I enjoyed it a lot more than the other light-hearted MCU films like Guardians.

I guess What We Do in the Shadows has the advantage of Jermaine Clement if you are a Conchords fan.

I guess you can't account for differences in sense of humour but I enjoyed it a lot more than the other light-hearted MCU films like Guardians.

I think the first Guardians was better, but I'd agree that his Thor was better than the Guardians sequel. Although there aren't any characters in Thor as funny as Drax imo, and Yondu is one of my favourite characters in the whole MCU. :lol:

I dunno, the whole thing is a mixed bag. Comedy comic book films just aren't really something I'm after.

I guess What We Do in the Shadows has the advantage of Jermaine Clement if you are a Conchords fan.

That definitely helped. Cori Gonzalez-Macuer is probably the funniest character in that movie though if you ask me, and in so many ways he's the prototypical Waititi character. He himself basically played that character in the form of Korg in the Thor film lmao.

Edit: for me it can just be a bit fucking much for a whole ass movie.