The Official Movie Thread

that's the first 'slow cinema' thing i've ever seen you watch lol. i've come to like the sleepy mystery of joe (apichatpong's weerasethakul's nickname :lol:) and tsai a lot more than the more self-serious, symbolism-heavy side of the arthouse, but it takes some acclimatisation.

Reactions: CiG
Watched these last night

30808_1_large.jpg

50763_1_large.jpg

Enjoyable trash :err:

I fucking love Kika. Andrea Scarface is one of his greatest creations. It's strange. My overall favorite of his films with Victoria Abril is Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! but my favorite of her characters is Andrea while I think her best performance is in High Heels. That has two of his best scenes, the prison dance and that knockout punch of an ending.

Watching StageFright for probably the third time. Something so magical about the guy sitting around the positioned corpses of everyone he killed wearing an owl head and playing with the cat while super upbeat music is playing and feathers are flying around everywhere.

Tonight's movie:

19204.jpg

Edit: Anybody in here seen this one? Pretty wild film. Crispin Glover was doing his best to make Nicolas Cage's wacky acting style seem conventional by comparison. Seriously what the actual fuck, and Keanu Reeves was actually one of the better actors in this film, subtle and brooding, totally unlike anything else I've seen from him in his pre-Matrix goofball days. One of the darker coming-of-age films I've seen tbh.

Last edited:
Tonight's movie:

View attachment 23324

Edit: Anybody in here seen this one? Pretty wild film. Crispin Glover was doing his best to make Nicolas Cage's wacky acting style seem conventional by comparison. Seriously what the actual fuck, and Keanu Reeves was actually one of the better actors in this film, subtle and brooding, totally unlike anything else I've seen from him in his pre-Matrix goofball days. One of the darker coming-of-age films I've seen tbh.

Haven't seen it, but it reminds me of this awful song I thought was so edgy (no pun intended) when I was in high school.

It's like imitation Pearl Jam without any of the musical complexity.

Tonight's movie:

View attachment 23324

Don't forget about whack job dennis hopper. Based on, or inspired by a true story. You'll also hear some slayer playing in the movie.

rivers-edge-dennis-hopper.jpg

i mentioned that movie the other week after seeing the soundtrack had SNM-era slayer, arch-era fates warning and greg fucking sage. need to see that shit.

You'll also hear some slayer playing in the movie.

Yeah man, leather-clad Crispin Glover with a mullet, driving around at 2 in the morning looking for his friends, chewing pills and blasting Show No Mercy in his junkheap custom Baja Bug. Truly a sight to behold.

And ironically Hopper is probably the most sane character in the whole film.

how would you rank the jarmusch you’ve seen @CiG?

Tough one, but something like this:

The Limits of Control
Down by Law
Only Lovers Left Alive
Dead Man
Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai
Broken Flowers
Paterson

Last edited:
Yeah. I don't remember it that well and I think I thought it dragged on a bit, but it had some funny scenes.

I learned of it through seeing this photo of graffiti in Melbourne, though it used the wrong character's name:

VoutiuI.jpg