The Official Movie Thread

Watching

12748_2_large.jpg

R.i.p. Kirk Douglas

Reactions: Weyland and CiG
I'm disappointed to hear Derrickson is no longer attached to the project, though. He did such a great job with the first film and apparently had some wild ideas for the sequel, wanting to make it an outright horror film. If he was let go over creative differences, that has me worried the sequel is going to be neutered.

Reactions: CiG
I'm disappointed to hear Derrickson is no longer attached to the project, though. He did such a great job with the first film and apparently had some wild ideas for the sequel, wanting to make it an outright horror film. If he was let go over creative differences, that has me worried the sequel is going to be neutered.

I should have been a bit more clear, I'm totally with you on being disappointed about Derrickson being dropped from directing it over creative differences, I more meant I hope this happens with Raimi because one disappointment is enough without a shitty director taking the project over too. Apparently Derrickson is staying on as executive producer but I never know quite what the hell that entails.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
son of a bitch calls Midsommar a horror flick? my korean krush is letting me down. Surprised he loves Zodiac since Memories is a considerably better movie depicting a very similar thing

not what I or he said killer..and of course directors would be expected to have an ego towards their work versus others ?

How fucking stupid are you dude? Jesus. :tickled: What I'm saying is, directing a better version of what Fincher did, before Fincher did it, isn't necessarily something that would turn the director off because unlike us, we don't watch both films and compare them like you're implying he should. Directors generally don't sit around watching their own shit, so of course they're not going to dislike a film because they directed a better version of it.

The context of the list is his favourite films, why would his ego about his own films even come into play? This is such basic shit I can't believe I have to point it out to you. Wow haha.

This leads me to believe that you actually know next to nothing about Bong Joon Ho. And he clearly has better tastes in film than you do.

I don't read his interviews , but I laugh that you're Boong guy after you just heard about him this year after seeing your first good movie in a long time!

But he's been and stays intensely critical , political and most of all Korean in all of his works.

Zodiac , while he praises it for it's pacing, could never accomplish what Memories or Mother has. And that's why Zodiac is second rate.and surprises me that he loves it as a top10.

How fucking stupid are you dude? Jesus. :tickled: What I'm saying is, directing a better version of what Fincher did, before Fincher did it, isn't necessarily something that would turn the director off because unlike us, we don't watch both films and compare them like you're implying he should. Directors generally don't sit around watching their own shit, so of course they're not going to dislike a film because they directed a better version of it.

The context of the list is his favourite films, why would his ego about his own films even come into play? This is such basic shit I can't believe I have to point it out to you. Wow haha.
your question at the end here is kind of obvious, Memories could have lowered it's reach like Zodiac, but it didnt.

Directors don't compare films? OK lol it's probably likely Fincher saw Memories and adapted it for the American audience but removed the "smart" part, for an American audience, something Boong recently criticized.

Dude just went off calling Americans dumb and to watch more foreign films, then says he loves Zodiac for being a lesser of a foreign film. It's funny and curious to see how he relates that film to his. But we'll never know and that was the point I was making, you who lacks a point. "Surprised"

That movie he listed called Cure sounds awesome.
it does! That was the one that popped off the most

I don't read his interviews , but I laugh that you're Boong guy after you just heard about him this year after seeing your first good movie in a long time!

:rolleyes: I've been a fan since The Host, dipshit.

Zodiac , while he praises it for it's pacing, could never accomplish what Memories or Mother has. And that's why Zodiac is second rate.and surprises me that he loves it as a top10.

There's actually no argument here, which is typical.

Reactions: CiG
That movie he listed called Cure sounds awesome.

it does! That was the one that popped off the most

yeah it's good. i listed it for '97, didn't quite make my top ten but that was an insanely great year in fairness. like bong i recall also using some kind of 'trickle'-esque descriptor because it's relevant to the movie lol. k kurosawa's films don't always have the most coherent writing but he's one of the best modern directors IMO, nobody uses a camera quite the way he does. i like pulse a little more than cure personally but those are his two most acclaimed, along with tokyo sonata which i haven't seen yet.

yeah it's good. i listed it for '97, didn't quite make my top ten but that was an insanely great year in fairness. like bong i recall also using some kind of 'trickle'-esque descriptor because it's relevant to the movie lol. k kurosawa's films don't always have the most coherent writing but he's one of the best modern directors IMO, nobody uses a camera quite the way he does. i like pulse a little more than cure personally but those are his two most acclaimed, along with tokyo sonata which i haven't seen yet.
lot of asian stuff i've never heard of on that list, will have to inch towards that one day.

Last edited: