The Official Movie Thread

My mom just gave me 300 and The Departed. I guess they were supposed to be for my birthday in March but she didn't want to wait to give them too me. My Mom rules.

I watched Children of Men last night and it was really great. I give the movie an 9/10.

snakes on a plane is on right now.

"Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane! "

I finally watched the Big Lebowski today and frankly I'm a little bewildered. Why is it funny? Some comedy movies I don't like because I think the jokes are stupid, but this barely had anything that even seemed like attempted humor in it. I thought Jonathan Turturo(sp?) as "Jesus" was a little amusing, but the rest just seemed like stupid people saying "fuck" and "dude" a lot. I've been told by multiple people that this movie was hilarious and now I'm a little disapointed.

I've heard from numerous people that SuperBad was the worst movie ever made. All they do the whole movie is say fuck & make lame unimaginative b00b jokes I heard.

Now on the opposite end of teh spectrum I heard that new Tim Burton musical with Johnny Depp was movie of 2007. I wish I ciould remember the name of it, but I think it just came out.

I finally watched the Big Lebowski today and frankly I'm a little bewildered. Why is it funny? Some comedy movies I don't like because I think the jokes are stupid, but this barely had anything that even seemed like attempted humor in it. I thought Jonathan Turturo(sp?) as "Jesus" was a little amusing, but the rest just seemed like stupid people saying "fuck" and "dude" a lot. I've been told by multiple people that this movie was hilarious and now I'm a little disapointed.

You're out of your element. That movie is awesome

Sweeney Todd. I don't want to see it because the concept of Johnny Depp singing nearly makes me want to kill myself.

You got it. I just read Mathias's post & I was baout to go do an edit. I heard that was a great movie. I might go to see it this week, who knows?

I used to HATE Will Ferrell, but I saw Talledega Nights & I thought it was fucking hillarious. Also, what I saw of Anchorman wasn't too bad either. I want to see Blades of Glory. I actually kinda like him now. Night at the Roxburry FTW.

Sweeney Todd. I don't want to see it because the concept of Johnny Depp singing nearly makes me want to kill myself.
He actually wasn't bad in terms of singing in a musical... was still a boring movie though..

You got it. I just read Mathias's post & I was baout to go do an edit. I heard that was a great movie. I might go to see it this week, who knows?
Save your $10 and avoid Sweeney Todd... movie was boring as hell. it's about a serial killer and his lady friend who makes meat pies out of human body parts.. the story itself is not boring but the fact it's a musical makes it boring as hell... if you want to see it.. wait for it on DVD and rent it...

He actually wasn't bad in terms of singing in a musical... was still a boring movie though..

Save your $10 and avoid Sweeney Todd... movie was boring as hell. it's about a serial killer and his lady friend who makes meat pies out of human body parts.. the story itself is not boring but the fact it's a musical makes it boring as hell... if you want to see it.. wait for it on DVD and rent it...

One man's trash is another nam's treasure. I happen to think my friend normally has pretty good taste in media, so I'm pretty sure I would like the movie as well. Only thing he has bad taste in is female looks.