The Official Movie Thread

I just saw a New Zealand movie called Eagle vs Shark. It's a "quirky" comedy trying REALLY HARD to be a cross between Napoleon Dynamite and Little Miss Sunshine (only quirkier!!:erk:). Whatever you do, don't see it.

Just watched A Scanner Darkly and Bladerunner (the final cut) again. Two of the best book based films ever imo. Philip K Dick is god. ;x

I finally watched the Big Lebowski today and frankly I'm a little bewildered. Why is it funny? Some comedy movies I don't like because I think the jokes are stupid, but this barely had anything that even seemed like attempted humor in it. I thought Jonathan Turturo(sp?) as "Jesus" was a little amusing, but the rest just seemed like stupid people saying "fuck" and "dude" a lot. I've been told by multiple people that this movie was hilarious and now I'm a little disapointed.

I think TBL is one of the funniest films I have seen in sometime still, and that movie is old now. I feel the exact same way you do, only with Superbad. Everyone, and I mean everyone that I read or talked to that watched it was like , it is the funniest movie in years. I finally watched the film and was like, oooook, it's funny but nowhere near as funny as everyone said.

Sweeney Todd. I don't want to see it because the concept of Johnny Depp singing nearly makes me want to kill myself.

Depp did a very good job. I was weary as well, but he surprised me.

He actually wasn't bad in terms of singing in a musical... was still a boring movie though..

Save your $10 and avoid Sweeney Todd... movie was boring as hell. it's about a serial killer and his lady friend who makes meat pies out of human body parts.. the story itself is not boring but the fact it's a musical makes it boring as hell... if you want to see it.. wait for it on DVD and rent it...

Well you're an uncultured idiot so

I think TBL is one of the funniest films I have seen in sometime still, and that movie is old now. I feel the exact same way you do, only with Superbad. Everyone, and I mean everyone that I read or talked to that watched it was like , it is the funniest movie in years. I finally watched the film and was like, oooook, it's funny but nowhere near as funny as everyone said.
I felt a little different than that though. Some comedies, like Talladega Nights for example, I didn't like because I thought the jokes were bad. For The Big Lebowski I felt like I didn't even see the attempts at humor. It was more like an absurd drama.

The-Beatles-Help-414098.jpg

Mathiäs;6823503 said:
This coming from a racist gun-toting republican

Who's 27 and live with his parents
you insult people more than anyone on this board. shut the fuck up!
racist - check
gun-toting - um, what?
republican - wtf!!??!!

27, big deal. Im saving all kinds of money.