The Official Movie Thread

Mathiäs;6824024 said:
Mine are always warranted. I don't go around randomly flaming people, that wouldn't be very nice.

Um, you insulted him for telling me to save my money & not see Sweeney Todd. He didn't say he HATED the movie, just that I should wait for it to come on DVD. He has an opinion on Sweeney Todd, & he happens not to like it. Your insult wasn't warranted, unless you were just trying to be funny, which isn't funny.

The all time most un-funny movie that tries to be funny award goes to Evan Almighty. Superbad has got to be funnier than that. James Bond movies are funnier than Evan Almighty.

I doubt you'll find it any better sober.
It seems to be a love/hate thing. I hate it.
I talked to my friends about it and got the same reaction. One friend loved it. I asked him what was funny about it and he just started talking about how they went bowling a lot and how there was that Jewish guy who talked about Vietnam in every conversation. To me that wasn't funny at all.

shoot-em-up.jpg

Gun violence accompanied by motorhead and a british accent. Fuck this was awesome.

Has anyone watched AVP2 yet?? I'm going to watch. The trailer looks awesome!

It was alright; avoiding the usual criticisms that I completely agree with (aliens are nothing but zerg ripoff's, not very deadly in one on one combat, easily killable and not very intelligent, etc., predators are uber gods to men and etc bullshit) I would consider it a decent flick.

There are some damn good scenes though, but this is due to the fact that I hate the human characters in the movie - they were totally fucking useless.

And why the fuck does the predalien have nice styled dreadlocks? Why the hell does it have hair to begin with? Are there no other, much more serious traits you could give an alien, say like: increased size and cranial capacity, new blood type instead of just molecular acid (like a bright green glowing molecular acid, or no fucking acid at all) total solitary hunting instincts, more tentacles/tails and shit instead of chunks of sprouting braided hair, a focus on bipedial movements other than the preferred quadruped asshattery the other aliens preferred, etc).

And there was no queen, what kind of a gay fucking movie is this when there is no queen? There is a billion fucking aliens and not one molts into a fucking queen!? Bah I say.

Still, it's a decent movie to go see:
hybridcover.jpg

And the Big Lebowski is fucking hilarious - you all fail.

Jeremy you are aware that Aliens were created long, long before Starcraft came out, right?