The Official Movie Thread

Definitely should have been way more violent but at the same time it's one of the most faithful adaptions of a fighting game there is. The casting was mostly fucking awesome, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is an absolute boss. Robin Shou and Linden Ashby have hilarious chemistry too.

Reactions: rms
Definitely should have been way more violent but at the same time it's one of the most faithful adaptions of a fighting game there is. The casting was mostly fucking awesome, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is an absolute boss. Robin Shou and Linden Ashby have hilarious chemistry too.

Yes Linden Ashby as Johnny Cage gets some good lines but has zero physical presence.

how many video game adaptations are better? Grew up with this damn movie on vhs and watched it a shitload of times. Easier to have a violent (gory is probably what we mean here?) Game than a movie then and now, anyway

I thought that was pretty self-explanatory. He looks like an accountant and seems about as dangerous as one.

giphy.gif

how many video game adaptations are better? Grew up with this damn movie on vhs and watched it a shitload of times. Easier to have a violent (gory is probably what we mean here?) Game than a movie then and now, anyway

None. I would say Mortal Kombat is the best, at least of all the ones I've seen. The Street Fighter movie is fun if you pretend it's not a Street Fighter movie and the 2009 Tekken movie sucks. Haven't seen DOA.

I thought that was pretty self-explanatory. He looks like an accountant and seems about as dangerous as one.

This is why it wasn't self-explanatory because he doesn't really look like an accountant (to me) and he actually is dangerous. Ashby is a real life martial artist and it shows in his choreography.

He reminds me of Dian Bachar lmao.

fuck, the hype over the new Wheatley is getting to me. Really hope it lives up to it.

Produced in 15 days in August 2020, In the Earth (now playing) is not only a companion piece to Wheatley’s A Field in England—a mushroom-fueled psychotronic nightmare par excellence—but also to Alex Garland’s Annihilation, sharing a narrative focus on scientists venturing into a toxic heart of darkness, where they find brutal violence and trippy 2001-style lunacy.

YES.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/in-the-earth-is-the-first-must-see-covid-horror-movie

Reactions: CiG
‘Furiosa’ to Become the Biggest Film Ever Made in Australia, Plot Takes Place ‘Over Many Years.'
New South Wales state Premier Gladys Berejiklian has announced George Miller’s upcoming “Mad Max: Fury Road” prequel film “Furiosa” will become the biggest movie ever made in Australia. The Warner Bros.-backed action tentpole is set to begin filming in New South Wales in 2022. According to Berejiklian, “Furiosa” will pump at least $350M AUD into the local economy and create 850 new jobs. Berejiklian made the announcement at a press conference with director Miller and cast member Chris Hemsworth in attendance.

“[Working on ‘Furiosa’] is the biggest pinch-myself moment, because I’ve grown up watching it [‘Mad Max’] and it’s so iconic,” Hemsworth told press about joining the franchise. “It is a huge honor. A lot of pressure, but exciting pressure that is certainly motivating.”

Hemsworth’s role in “Furiosa” has yet to be revealed, and the same goes for cast member Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. “The Queen’s Gambit” favorite Anya Taylor-Joy is taking over the role of a young Furiosa, originally played by Charlize Theron in “Mad Max: Fury Road.” While plot details about the prequel film are remaining under wraps, Miller did tell press the film will not follow the same time table as “Fury Road.”

“Whereas ‘Fury Road’ essentially happened over three days and two nights, this happens over many years,” Miller said (via Sydney Morning Herald). ”You try to make films that are uniquely familiar…This will be familiar to those people who know ‘Mad Max,’ and in particular ‘Fury Road,’ but also it will be unique.”

Gladys VeryJigglyBum is just the pole dancer at the club.
Her nightclub is owned by Scumo and it's run on the wet dreams of old money and rich fat cats.
There's a rival club down the road owned by a guy named Ankle, he used to be an Elbow until people realised he was two foot below a cunt.
Neither club serves drinks, just the promise of drinks. Which is fine because Ankle's club only promotes drinks dosed with a bunch of green diarrhoea, while Scumo's club only promises coal filtered coffee and Tang.