The Official Movie Thread

Most Iranian movies are, however, somewhat deceitful with regards private life. Movies like A Separation, Under the Shadow, The Salesmen etc featuring educated characters still respecting the morality laws inside their private residences are a distortion purely to avoid unwanted govt attention. Eg no-one veils up at home except in the movies.

Reactions: CiG
Most Iranian movies are, however, somewhat deceitful with regards private life. Movies like A Separation, Under the Shadow, The Salesmen etc featuring educated characters still respecting the morality laws inside their private residences are a distortion purely to avoid unwanted govt attention. Eg no-one veils up at home except in the movies.

to be fair to farhadi though that's one of his conscious themes, even if they have to be deceitful on the surface. the salesman especially is specifically about the public/private divide and representation of such; there's that funny (and out of necessity very subtle) running joke at the expense of the censors about how the supposedly unseen prostitute is actually the sister who's playing the prostitute in the play (if i'm remembering correctly). kiarostami and panahi are also impishly self-aware about stuff like that i think even if they can't do it openly.

that funny (and out of necessity very subtle) running joke at the expense of the censors about how the supposedly unseen prostitute is actually the sister who's playing the prostitute in the play.
a running joke about a suposedly unseen character actually being one of the seen characters
that sounds like american comedy

Black Panther is dead mate, that movie is going to be retarded.
the problem with that movie is that the architects of the MCU knew chadwick boseman had the terminal condition before he even knew it himself
the scripts for these are so inter-woven that this "black-panter-movie-whithout-T'Challa" had a script that was already set-in-stone even before chadwick actually died
similar problem with guardians 3
they supposedly "had to fire" james gunn as director but the movies are so inter-woven that they still ended up having to use james gunn's script

for new Black Panther movie i personnaly really would have just done a chadwick boseman look-alike-contest and had a movie with T'Challa in most of the scenes already start filming before the day boseman died

EDIT
aside from Black Panther being probably horrible
the other phase 4 MCU movies look like they could be awesome

Last edited:
Pretty sure they hadn't filmed anything for Black Panther 2 before he died, also what evidence is there that "the architects of the MCU" knew he had cancer before even he did? That sounds retarded.
the way they have "healthy lifestyles" and medical checks written into their contracts
maybe no one knew boseman had cancer "before he knew it himself" but i gaurantee some executives at Marvel found out about 5 min after he did
they might have held-off filming untill after boseman died (which may not even be out of respect for him, the delay was COVID-19 and possibly guardians 3 getting delayed)
but i gaurantee that script we're seeing was already set-in-stone before he died
(at least some huge pieces of the script, if not the entire thing)

you liked all that airtime for fucking kano and sonya blade?? Damn that was annoying

Ending was cool. Has the game franchise become sub zero vs scorpion or this solely on the movie? Not hip to this anymore

Kano's one liners was the best thing about it. Cole Young was one of the most boring characters ever. Shang Tsung was incredibly lame too.

Reactions: rms