The Official Movie Thread

it should, but it hasnt. and that's why i laugh

Maybe the fact that it hasn't should signal that your assessment of liberals' empathetic capacities is somewhat skewed.

But I guess there's no way to know for sure.

the open space of issues of minorities really only allows attention for one, and that one is blacks for the foreseeable future

This implies that there is an invisible "only" in front of "black lives matter."

There is a difference between focus and exclusion. If something matters, this doesn't mean that something else doesn't. Anyhoo, just my perspective.

This is an awesome, well written suspense/revenge flick...even though it’s a “suspense” movie, it’s what horror movies are missing IMO. Decent storyline, but the realism and directing is fucking brilliant. No-name cast...has a cool vibe that reminds me of good 80’s Australian horror/action films. Highly recommended.97F745B3-8638-4005-9AE0-DDE1F7CF18FB.jpeg

Reactions: CiG
I tried.to show wind River to my lady friend and I didn't realize how much of a turn off rape scenes are. She couldn't finish it.

I really liked it. The ending after the kill was great, the family of the daughter was awesome, Renner was awesome. And the evil me makes me happy seeing libs confronted with native problems that get no attention and are far more damaging than other minorities.
I remember taking my girlfriend to see the original “Last house on the left”...after the third time of her asking me “why would you bring me to see this???” I put it together that the rape scene was killing the mood. Duly noted lol

I have, it’s also a good movie!...I liked the awkwardness of Blue Ruin and the mental slowness of “Dwight’s” character though. I never read previews so I couldn’t easily guess where the story was going with Blue Ruin...with Green Room, the plot seemed more deliberate. Good call on the director, I didn’t put 2 and 2 together...

If something matters, this doesn't mean that something else doesn't.

this has gone on longer than i intended so my bad movie thread readers, but i think this idea of political/social capital not being a zero sum game (and i think this is mostly a left perspective) is just not true in any way what so ever

a28073371af669fa22ae7d30433c862e.jpg

aaaaaaand back to movies.

don't normal like horror movies past the 80's,90's. seen plenty of modern b horror movies or sc-fi regardless. once in awile something might be good

Watched Annihilation last night. One of the most lovecraftian high budget movies made lately? I mean it was pretty much exactly a modern version of "The Color Out of Space".

Reactions: Einherjar86
Watched Annihilation last night. One of the most lovecraftian high budget movies made lately? I mean it was pretty much exactly a modern version of "The Color Out of Space".

Yeah but I'm perplexed.

I made some remarks earlier about Natalie Portman having a lip surgery, and now I'm not so sure.

Has she had a lip surgery or not? Does anyone know? Yes? No?

I, Vincent Gallo, star of such classics as Buffalo 66and The Brown Bunny have decided to make myself available to all women. All women who can afford me, that is. For the modest fee of $50,000 plus expenses, I can fulfill the wish, dream, or fantasy of any naturally born female. The fee covers one evening with Vincent Gallo. For those who wish to enjoy my company for a weekend, the fee is increased to a mere $100,000. Heavy set, older, red heads and even black chicks can have me if they can pay the bill. No real female will be refused. However, I highly frown upon any male having even the slightest momentary thought or wish that they could ever become my client. No way Jose. However, female couples of the lesbian persuasion can enjoy a Vincent Gallo evening together for $100,000. $200,000 buys the lesbos a weekend. A weekend that will have them second-guessing.

:lol:

http://www.vgmerchandise.com/store/pages.php?pageid=4