The Official Movie Thread

I can actually help you out a lot with that, one of my favorite films and I know a ton about what there is to know about the general meaning and the little things within........... but there's teh spoilers involved if I were to go into it plus it helps to see it a few times beforehand.

Anyone else seen Lars and The Real Girl ?, hilarious weird comedy.

Plot for anyone who has not watched it.

'A delusional young guy strikes up an unconventional relationship with a doll he finds on the Internet...

:)

Went to see Burn After Reading the other day, I thought it was pretty awesome. Not the best Coen brothers film by far, but pretty awesome nonetheless. I was initially kind of thrown off because of the way that the trailers had portrayed the film. I thought some elements (like the CIA director and such) were going to play a much more prevalent role in the film than they did. It seems like they put pretty much all of J. K. Simmons' lines in the trailer. The film was also a bit more subdued than the trailer made it seem.

Anyway, worth watching.

I watched Eraser Head for the first time last night.

To be perfectly honest, I just didn't get it.

Normally I really like the obscure films.

This one was just uninteresting to me.

I think maybe this movie is better suited to watch while tripping.

Anyone have any input on this one?

I saw that a year or two ago. Very odd. I think I took some meaning from it, but I forgot it all.

A couple of my friends and I went and saw Death Sentence in the theater. It was us and then a couple sitting in the back. I think they thought we were crazy becasue we were all laughing so hard at the finale. When he drives straight through the van or whatever it was and then starts shooting peoples limbs off. It was real classy.

Lars and The Real Girl

lars_and_the_real_girl.jpg

it's Bianca

Just sat through a 24 hour horror movie marathon at my local art/cult film movie theater. Here's a quick rundown of everything I watched.

Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hide(1920) - great silent era horror film, cool monster effects.

The Old Dark House - Really weird/funny characters, lots of fun to watch with a group, but overall mediocre as a horror film.

Eyes Without a Face - Skipped it to eat, since I've already seen it, but a really good film, the face removal scene is still brutal even after so many years.

May - Really twisted movie, that I had a lot of fun watching.

Midnight Meat Train - I had such high expectations, but this movie was so horrible. The gore effects start out strong, then end up going no where just when you think it's gonna start getting really crazy. The plot wandered a lot and came to a very half-assed conclusion.

Friday The 13th IV - skipped it

Dead Alive - Seen it many times before and love it, great to see it on the big screen.

Pieces - This movie made very little sense, but it was hilarious seeing it with a big audience

Black Sabbath - The first story was great and really creepy, the second two were extremely boring.

The Phantom of Paradise - Really strange horror/superhero film about the corruption of the music industry. Lots of fun.

Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer - Too much setup left the pacing of the film really unbalanced. The characters weren't interesting enough to warrant such a long delay to the action, and the 3 monster battles squashed into the end weren't cool enough to be worth the wait. Robert Englund was great though.

The Exorcist - Seen it before, cool film, but I can't say it's one of my favorites.