The Official Movie Thread

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

The next great psycho horror slasher has given a documentary crew exclusive access to his life.

FUNNY AS HELL yet still horror movie ish MUST SEE

I saw it last night, it was fucking great. Frostbiten sucked as a vampire movie but this one was really creepy. I read that Hollywood is going to make yet another shitty remake, of this movie. Why can't they just leave it as it is when there already exists an original that's better in 100% of the time.

Because Americans are too lazy for subtitles. See the shot-for-shot remake of Funny Games.

But yeah, Låt Den Rätte Komma In was great. Wished there was more of a plot though, everything was just centered around the relationship between the two main characters, mostly, and it bored me.

Just watched The Spirit and was completely baffled by all the bad reviews. This movie is clearly a comedy and even if you walked in expecting a serious comic book remake (like I was) you'd have to be blind to miss it. It's extremely campy and funny and I loved it.

Recently watched The Fire Within, The Conformist and 8 1/2. The Fire Within was my favorite out of the three, but they all had strong visuals and storylines.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was really good. Long, but really good. Very thought provoking.

watched it as well and really liked it. Of course, it's nothing really like the book (as I remember it). Still, David Fincher is an amazing director who can tell a hell of a story.

the forrest gump comparisons are really making my mouth water :D thing's been trashed by FFC, the village voice and the a.v. club all of whom i generally trust, but nick schager liked it and i trust him too. i'll hold out some hope, i've liked fincher up to now.

saw the dark knight for the 3rd time. i think that compared to 'no country', which more maturely addressed and subtextualised similar concerns, it's slightly safe and soundbitey. maybe nolan fears the logical conclusion of this conception of morality as intrinsically self-sacrificial, fears the way the joker (whose chaos is only as wild as it needs to be) seems more alive, more human than wayne. amazing film regardless, thunderous energy, pitch-perfect tone & score, spot on characterisation, clever searchers-esque use of cliché and a few sheer fucking MOMENTS. 9/10 stuff.

i hated batman begins. fuckin waste of my time, so god damn boring

dark knight on the other hand was awesome, not the kind of movie i would like but it was brilliant

a guy in a rubber suit and also a cultural icon, a complex symbol, and very much a universalizable character in a potentially universalisable world. i'll take this superhero stuff over your average realist crap any day.

I watched the Fullmetal Alchemist Movie tonight... I was pleasantly surprised. I just finished watching the series a couple of days ago, and it was amazing, I pretty much expected the movie to ruin it by sucking ass. Fortunately, though, the movie was actually really good and satisfyingly wrapped up the series. Good stuff.

saw 'let the right one in', totally brilliant except that the focus went a bit wayward in the second half, i especially could've done without the stuff with that blonde woman turning. didn't really matter in the end though, this might be my favourite of the year.

watched 'a history of violence' for the third time, superb of course. it's like some bastard child of unforgiven and dogville (two of the best films of the last 20 years), anything that serves as an indictment of cognitive dissonance via illustration is always gonna be up my street. i also love films that seem to be reading me faster than i'm reading them, cronenberg stands next to lynch as the modern master of that.