The Official Movie Thread

went and saw Kick Ass the other day. By far the most enjoyable movie I've seen in quite some time. If you like movies with gratuitous violence and extremely foul mouthed little girls, then this is your movie

yeah a lot of people are pissed off about that. But they were having the same discussions when Leon/The Professional came out in the early 90s with Natalie Portman basically doing the same thing (but not as over the top/gratuitously). Also, at least Kick Ass doesn't have the subtle pseudo maybe pedophiliac tone as The Professional does

yeah a lot of people are pissed off about that. But they were having the same discussions when Leon/The Professional came out in the early 90s with Natalie Portman basically doing the same thing (but not as over the top/gratuitously). Also, at least Kick Ass doesn't have the subtle pseudo maybe pedophiliac tone as The Professional does

I haven't seen Leon yet either, which is on my list of movies I still want to see. I can't stand media saying stuff that it's a bad influence. Like hard rock bands getting blamed for school shootings, a South Park episode having too much profanity, and a video game having to much violence.

watched Le Cercle Rouge the other day and found it to be very enjoyable. Fans of the cool crime/heist genre should look here as this seems to be one of the foundation films (I think...1970s french film). Interesting setup and execution of plot and details. Of course there are a lot of conveniences throughout (a helpful ladder here, knowing a perfect marksman there, etc...), but otherwise it was pretty good. worth checking out

This movie is phenomenal. There's maybe two pages of dialogue in the whole thing - the silence is so expressive. I love the twisted morality of it too, the honourable criminals and the ruthless police. If you like this, also make sure you check out Rififi Chez des Hommes (aka Rififi) - this has one of the most tense heist scenes ever filmed.

Jennifer's Body - Figured I would hate it but it really had its own thing going and didn't take itself too seriously. Ended up actually liking it. And I know it's becoming fashionable to hate Megan Fox but I think she's smokin'.

This was one of the worst films I've ever seen.

78-prawned.jpg

Anyone here into silent films? I've been watching a lot lately. Focusing mainly on the 1910s right now, but I've seen a good amount of stuff from the 20s as well.