The Official Trek Thread

Not yet, but the minifilm "Prelude to Axanar" is very promising. I have literally no doubt that the full film will rule.

New to the thread, not new to Trek fandom.

Big fan of DS9, TNG and I've been doing a slow rewatch of both Voyager and Enterprise.

Nice. I gave Enterprise another rewatch over the winter. I used to hate it but it is actually pretty good. Better than Abrams-Trek.

Nice. I gave Enterprise another rewatch over the winter. I used to hate it but it is actually pretty good. Better than Abrams-Trek.

Anything is better than Abrams-Trek.

I found myself liking the first season of Enterprise a lot more this time around than when it originally aired.

Still skip that abomination of a theme song though.

DS9 is so very, very underrated relative to the other series'. I start over on DS9 and I struggle through the first season but then quickly get addicted again once Season 2 rolls around.

I think it elaborates more on the human condition factor that TNG began. Focuses on relationships between individuals rather than finding what makes humanity so 'human'

DS9 is so very, very underrated relative to the other series'. I start over on DS9 and I struggle through the first season but then quickly get addicted again once Season 2 rolls around.

I think it elaborates more on the human condition factor that TNG began. Focuses on relationships between individuals rather than finding what makes humanity so 'human'

I keep hearing good things about DS9, for me it's the most boring out of all the series. However I'm forcing myself to watch this show to the end, maybe it's just season 1 that blows hard and that's why I've never finished watching all the seasons before; because I can't get passed season 1.

I've warmed up to DS9. The first three seasons are basically a soap opera set in space, but it is still not bad.

Dominion War still rules though.

I really liked the Enterprise opening. It was a good setup for a timeline that is closer to ours, it felt like a slightly more inspired opening than the other Treks which were just shots of the ships flying around with a big orchestra playing.

It seems like a lot of people have the same problem I have with DS9. I have tried to like it about 4 times now and I have never made it past season 1, despite a lot of people saying it is equal to TNG. I am.considering skimming through season 1 to see if it gets better in season 2 or 3 but I am worried I will miss important plot points that carry over to later episodes. It was common for them to revisit old story arcs in TNG after all.

So question is, would it be worth it for me to selectively watch season 1, maybe even some of season 2 , and sort of skip through episodes quickly or would it damage the story and/or character development?

I read the Destiny series. It was really good. I need to read more of them but I don't know where to start. Is there a site with the novels listed and their reading order?

So I watched Star Trek Renegades and it was, as I expected, awful. The acting was just so poor. Totally unbelievable.