The Official Trek Thread

I'm at the part where Khan has Chekov and the black captain and so far so good ... taking a quick bowl break.

Once im done with this set i'll move onto season one of TNG, which i have on blu ray.

Really liked/liking TOS. I skipped season three though. =(

1013538_156667387852839_1097596684_n.jpg

:lol:

Nah, DS9 was boring as fuck. Voyager was superior in every aspect in terms of 90s Star Trek.

Wouldn't say it's superior in every aspect, but Voyager was my favorite of all the trek series. I just love how they are so far from home and trying to get back, plus the doctor always getting that face from the crew when he says how brilliant he his, lol.

Dammit we need a new Trek show!

Voyager had a lot of wasted potential, I think. It had a few really well thought out and developed characters (The Doctor, Seven, Kes, Seska, Tuvok and Neelix), leaving everyone else completely flat and undeveloped (Harry Kim, in particular.) And Janeway could've been so much more.

Even then Seska and Kes didn't stick around. I definitely think bringing in Seven at Kes' expense for the sake of 'sex appeal' was a bad idea. Seven's character didn't even really need sex appeal, her story was compelling enough. I always thought Jennifer Lien was the most attractive anyway, personally, so that move never made much sense to me on any level.

DS9 was the anti-trek, in a way. What with the war and everything, being something that Roddenberry wouldn't have wanted in it. But then, I think it needed it. The characters where all well-rounded, as well. Admittedly, the acting in the first season was absolutely abysmal, though. Thank christ they got a hold on what their characters were meant to be after that.

As for a new series, hopefully Star Trek: Renegades shall do well and serve as a pilot for a new series, as they intend.

For those who didn't know about a 'new series': http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Renegades

Hmmm, it say's Chekov will be in this as an Admiral. This new show takes place 10 years after the end of Voyager which was set in the 2370's. I looked it up and Chekov was born in 2241. So, that would make him about 140 years old...am I doing the math right? Or can people reach that age in the future? :err:

McCoy was born in 2227 and made his last appearance touring the Enterprise-D in 2364, at the age of 137. So, it's not unprecedented within the canon. Given other advances in technology and medicine that have been displayed, it isn't all that unreasonable.

McCoy was born in 2227 and made his last appearance touring the Enterprise-D in 2364, at the age of 137. So, it's not unprecedented within the canon. Given other advances in technology and medicine that have been displayed, it isn't all that unreasonable.

Good point.

Voyager had a lot of wasted potential, I think. It had a few really well thought out and developed characters (The Doctor, Seven, Kes, Seska, Tuvok and Neelix), leaving everyone else completely flat and undeveloped (Harry Kim, in particular.) And Janeway could've been so much more.

Even then Seska and Kes didn't stick around. I definitely think bringing in Seven at Kes' expense for the sake of 'sex appeal' was a bad idea. Seven's character didn't even really need sex appeal, her story was compelling enough. I always thought Jennifer Lien was the most attractive anyway, personally, so that move never made much sense to me on any level.

all of the voyager characters were done for "sex appeal"

i'll explain in detail later