The (Post-Recession/Obama) Non-Batshit Politics Thread of 2015 & Beyond

Which of these best describes your views?

• liberal

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • conservative

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • left-leaning moderate

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • right-leaning moderate

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • libertarian

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • other anti-establishment

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • apathetic

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
No, the first sentence is clearly gender neutral, whereas the second singles out females. How is this not blatantly obvious?

Singling out females? But we were on the topic of abortions, right? Do men have abortions?

Doesn't matter what gender, race etc you are, i dont want to have to pay for your dirty, moralless lifestyle and mistakes ... and i dont think anybody else should have to either. But whatever man, this is a whole 'nother topic of its own.

Why would you /have/ to pay for anything? Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers do not receive federal funding towards abortion. Other sexual health services, yes, but your tax dollars are not going to that.

Moralless, lol

I just read an interesting article on "The P.C. Left" - figured it would be worth sharing here since we already started talking about political correctness as a downside of the social justice movement:

Is Political Correctness Good for the Left?

Conservatives fail to understand political correctness because they find the whole left half of the ideological spectrum too alien to dissect with any precision, and they have no interest in distinguishing the near left from the far left. Just the opposite, in fact. But since conservatives do have a real interest in talking about p.c., both when it is real and when it isn’t, they have lamentably influenced how liberals themselves understand the issue.
Outraged Twitter mobs can spring up on behalf of any political view, and many nonpolitical ones. But only the p.c. left has worked out a rigorous set of norms that explicitly justify the suppression of heresy.
Political correctness prevents the left from reasoning internally. It makes questions of identity central to all political debate, then deems those topics beyond dispute. So the question of whether this method is effective at helping the left vanquish its enemies passes over the far more urgent question of what it does to the character of the left itself.

Bill Maher gets on that point nearly every episode of his show. PC certainly seems to have the tendency to perpetuate partisan divides. I think it limits the democrats, too, in their ability to win contested congressional districts.

Jonathan_Chait.jpg

Jonathan Chait (born 1972) is a commentator and writer for New York magazine. He was previously a senior editor at The New Republic...

USA don't have a left!
The republicans serve the richest 1%
The democrats serve the richest 10%

But the people get what they deserve.
There are parties that could make a difference. If the whining delusional poor in USA got their act together.

But you got to hand it to the owners propaganda apparatus.
http://widdelonline.blogspot.se/2014/01/poverty-map-of-united-states.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/30/us/new-gop-bid-to-limit-voting-in-swing-states.html?_r=0
Pivotal swing states under Republican control are embracing significant new electoral restrictions on registering and voting that go beyond the voter identification requirements that have caused fierce partisan brawls.

The bills, laws and administrative rules — some of them tried before — shake up fundamental components of state election systems, including the days and times polls are open and the locations where people vote.

Republicans in Ohio and Wisconsin this winter pushed through measures limiting the time polls are open, in particular cutting into weekend voting favored by low-income voters and blacks, who sometimes caravan from churches to polls on the Sunday before election.

Democrats in North Carolina are scrambling to fight back against the nation’s most restrictive voting laws, passed by Republicans there last year. The measures, taken together, sharply reduce the number of early voting days and establish rules that make it more difficult for people to register to vote, cast provisional ballots or, in a few cases, vote absentee.

Shadrick Brown of Cincinnati signing a petition for a Voters Bill of Rights. Credit Ty William Wright for The New York Times
In all, nine states have passed measures making it harder to vote since the beginning of 2013. Most have to do with voter ID laws. Other states are considering mandating proof of citizenship, like a birth certificate or a passport, after a federal court judge recently upheld such laws passed in Arizona and Kansas. Because many poor people do not have either and because documents can take time and money to obtain, Democrats say the ruling makes it far more difficult for people to register.

The GOP War on Voting
In a campaign supported by the Koch brothers, Republicans are working to prevent millions of Democrats from voting next year

...a new crop of GOP governors and state legislators has passed a series of seemingly disconnected measures that could prevent millions of students, minorities, immigrants, ex-convicts and the elderly from casting ballots. "What has happened this year is the most significant setback to voting rights in this country in a century," says Judith Browne-Dianis, who monitors barriers to voting as co-director of the Advancement Project, a civil rights organization based in Washington, D.C.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-gop-war-on-voting-20110830#ixzz3VDHq83UN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1z8jv9GAf8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdGXD9me8no

Not really. I feel pretty sure in what I say. Basically Hitler provided some shitty cultural meme that allows for relentless liberalism to seem rational, when in reality it is anything but.

Recently I've been listening to this libertarian politician, mostly because I just like to dip into many pools of thought, but just listen to how hilarious this guy's fake accent is. He's also into Satanic death metal and is a Thelemic mystic.

Fucking hilarious.

wptv-augustus-invictus_1444071342659_24794104_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Reactions: arg
the fuck is going on with that guy's accent lol. i agree with him tho

looks like i did comment on this thread long ago, just didn't see the poll results or vote. no surprise there are so many libs here as most of you are teachers, students, bums, social workers, etc who don't produce anything

looks like i did comment on this thread long ago, just didn't see the poll results or vote. no surprise there are so many libs here as most of you are teachers, students, bums, social workers, etc who don't produce anything

I chose liberal in the poll. Prefer to specify classical liberal personally but that's the next closest choice for me.

But I'm all over the place honestly, definitely libertarian-leaning too.

And you're a wage slave for some private company, congratulations bro.

http://www.ers.usda.gov/media/1896836/err194_summary.pdf

In 2014, 86.0 percent of U.S. households were food secure throughout the year. The
remaining 14.0 percent (17.4 million households) were food insecure. Food-insecure households
(those with low and very low food security) had difficulty at some time during the
year providing enough food for all their members due to a lack of resources. The changes
from 2013 (14.3 percent) and 2012 (14.5 percent) to 2014 were not statistically significant;
however, the cumulative decline from 14.9 percent in 2011 was statistically significant

In 2014, 5.6 percent of U.S. households (6.9 million households) had very low food security,
unchanged from 5.6 percent in 2013. In this more severe range of food insecurity, the food
intake of some household members was reduced and normal eating patterns were disrupted
at times during the year due to limited resources.
• Children were food insecure at times during the year in 9.4 percent of U.S. households with
children (3.7 million households), essentially unchanged from 9.9 percent in 2013. These
households were unable at times during the year to provide adequate, nutritious food for
their children.

It absolutely is.

You're a slave to life. Just sit around and do absolutely nothing and see what happens to you. Or, "whatever you want" but don't procure food and water. omg life is such a shitlord shittin on muh freedum.