The Roundhouse Tapes... who else is excited as I am?

I don't find myself that excited about The Roundhouse Tapes live album, I'll rather save money for the DVD, which hopefully will come out not only as HD.

I feel the same. Live albums are never a bad thing, but I have all the songs and have heard them all live already. Maybe I'm just really wanting a new studio album...

I'm surly excited about the DVD though! I love Lamentations and will buy the new one for sure!

i am excited about the DVD release all the gaming systems and DVD players in our house have been lent out as i was playing Lamentations too much

Bitch. Whine. Complain. "You can please some of the people some of the time,... but most of the posters on the Opeth forum will ALWAYS find SOMETHING to bitch about."... isn't that how the saying goes?

I'll buy it because I'd like to have a live record from Opeth. Back in the day, I often thought it would be cool to have "Lamentations" on CD so I could experience the music in the car, etc. Now the reverse will be true... I can have the music first and then later feel the full experience via DVD with Extra features, 5.1 mix, etc... But what do I know. :ultimatefanboyetc.: :probablypaidtosaythis: :yourallfaggots:

Not first, though.
Mr Samsara said:
Now the reverse will be true... I can have the music first and then later feel the full experience via DVD with Extra features, 5.1 mix, etc...

Meaning now there is no need to produce another live recording? You can't be serious if that's what you meant. Why would Opeth create another studio record then? I mean we already have 8................. right?

yeah i agree, for those who like live albums it should be pretty great. as long as it doesn´t get to the iron maiden level of releasing a live album every second week

Meaning now there is no need to produce another live recording? You can't be serious if that's what you meant. Why would Opeth create another studio record then? I mean we already have 8................. right?

No, not meaning that at all. I just pointed out that there WAS indeed an audio version of Lamentations, seeing as you mentioned once harboring a desire for such a thing.

Sounds cool indeed. Exactly where did you read this?

You must be kidding...

2007-10-05

Opeth's "The Roundhouse Tapes" is set for release on November 5 (Europe) and November 20 (North America + ROW). The double album features songs from throughout Opeth's entire career, capturing the band at the peak of the "Ghost reveries" world tour. Mixed by Mikael Åkerfeldt and Jens Bogren with artwork by Travis Smith. First edition will be housed in a exclusive box set.