The thread of joy and enjoyment!

my new hair color

0085716902035_500X500.jpg

Splat just released a whole slew of new colors, I've been considering throwing that new green over my black so it looks dark emerald in sunlight.

You paid $160 for someone to do your federal taxes?! O_____________O

Have my mom do them for you, she's a former tax accountant who could use some $ haha

State form is just a PITA and I'm gonna owe anyway.

Have my mom do them for you, she's a former tax accountant who could use some $ haha

Had a feeling I paid too much. -.-

Next time! You have my number :p Yeah, I see what you mean. I would've owed if I filed dependent with my mom but fuck that.

Since when did you become a financial advisor? For all you know that $160 paid for itself several times over.

I am definitely on board with paying top dollar for taxes. I've seen too many people fuck it up and end up owing thousands to the IRS.

I was thinking of the simplest possible situation involving single young adult renters or non-homeowners, where someone has one or two jobs and no dependents/debt/loans.

Just found out I've been paying WAY too much for my grad student health insurance, since apparently when I took up my TAship, the insurance rates weren't switched automatically and nobody told me about it till recently. The best part is that I'll be credited all the extra money I've paid.

So glad I'm getting all this money back, since I just spent most of my tax return today on a $1,000 car repair. Routine maintenance adds up when you've got over 160,000 miles on the thing.

Ha, well you're mostly right. I do have one small student loan to pay back.

I'm actually not at all familiar with tax things at all. I never filed before now since most of my jobs were often off the books. :lol:
My thinking was similar to Mathias and zabu of no god. I had three jobs last year (two were off book so they don't count) and still getting back a lot, so idk if it was due to the tax guy or what.

The spring on my front right tire came lose and shredded said tire this morning on the way to class... so I call my insurance company, they send a guy, he can't put the spare on because it's an aftermarket rim with no key. Joy and enjoyment though, nice guy and he tows me to Discount Tire, where they put a tire on it for free that should be short enough not to get stabbed by my faulty spring if I take it easy. Saved using my spare, and they gave me a key for it in case I get another flat. Overall I didn't spend a dime today.

More joy and enjoyment, making my first foray into loans. I've gotten by in life so far with no credit, no loans, but life demands a sacrifice. I find out tomorrow how much they'll approve me for with the 800 or so I can afford to put down, without a co-signer. Hopefully be driving a less defective car soon enough so I can pick up jobs further than three miles away.

I will be sacrificing a goat to the metal gods tonight.